Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implications of setting sensitive data in ENV Post 302094354 by vino on Friday 27th of October 2006 01:06:55 AM
Old 10-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsy
-- I see that while the script is running those env variables are not accessible from the command line.

Is my understanding correct? Any comments ? Please let me know.
Which OS are you on ?

Ever looked into /proc/<pid>/environ ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

setting env

I am trying to set up my compiler, but when I go to look for gcc it not found but I get a message that stayed (/usr/oasys/bin) and when I go into the dir to set my env the following is type cp : cannot creat //pref/.environ: no such file or directory and I input ./setenv PATH=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
3 Replies

2. AIX

edit env. setting

hi eveybody, i m trying to set acl using acledit command in AIX box but wat im gettung is 3002-100 acledit: EDITOR environment variable not set can anyone help me out how 2 set editor.................... thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Help with csh env setting in Fedora 8

Hi there, How can I change bash to csh when starting a terminal, and set some aliases for csh? I can't find such files like .cshrc in my home directory. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting env variables using script

Hi, I wrote two small scripts to set env variables in a shell. java_env.csh #!/bin/csh -fn setenv JAVA_HOME '/scratch/software/jdk1.5.0_11' setenv PATH $PATH':'$JAVA_HOME'/bin' and run it using csh ./java_env.csh But the env variables are not set. I tried running each line on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAmod
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up env variable in ksh

I am facing a very strange issue. I have script in ksh with #!/bin/ksh as shebang. This script has function which sets the env variable before running other functions of the script. by set_up_env() { CONFIG_FILE="/opt/app/tools/deepmarking/latestVersion/script/UploadEnv" if then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting ENV variables in PERL

I have perl script and in the first line we are invoking .sh script to set ENV variables. e..g eval '. $envfile; exec $PERL -S $0 "$@"' I want to change some of the env variables while the program is running and I am settging it like this .. $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}=trim($oraclehome);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Remove post with sensitive data

Hello, Can you please delete or modify a post that contains sensitive data. I can't post full links, here's the end of the link: shell-programming-and-scripting/94965-help-shell-scripting-modify-user-creation-script-oracle-database.html It's got a lot of data that should never be posted on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonHeller
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove the sensitive data from post

Hi Sir , Please remove the following code from the post https://www.unix.com/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/210081-ftp-issue.html thanks Prabhu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
7 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Remove sensitive data

Hi Sir, please remove following terms from post as it is sensitive data https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/235655-print-single-line.html ifeeds fidedev ironsides feedmgr thanks a lot prabhu (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove sensitive data

Hi Kindly remove the following from the post . These are confidential info posted by mistake https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/201037-perl-while-loop-each.html please remove the comments section which is first 16 lines in the perl script . Also please remove the ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)

NAME
nautilus-scripts-manager - easy tool for nautilus scripts management SYNOPSIS
nautilus-scripts-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-scripts-manager command. nautilus-scripts-manager is a program that allows any user to easily manage installed Nautilus scripts. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. COMMANDS
One (and only one) of the following commands can be passed: -e, --enable=ENABLE Enable script ENABLE. -d, --disable=DISABLE Disable script DISABLE. -l, --list-enabled List enabled scripts. -a, --list-available List available scripts. If no command is provided, the graphical interface is started. OPTIONS
-e, --position=POSITION In conjunction with -e or -d: establish the position of the script (can be just a name, or a path with slashes - quote it if it con- tains spaces). SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), AUTHOR
nautilus-scripts-manager and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 14, 2009 NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)