Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail Post 302094342 by Amruta Pitkar on Thursday 26th of October 2006 09:46:01 PM
Old 10-26-2006
Please refer to my reply

Please refer to my reply to this thread in Advanced Users forum here.
Maybe it can help u.

Thanks
Amruta Pitkar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send colorful text and attachment to mail

Hi, I want to send color text as body of mail with multiple attachments.How to do this?I used sendmailcommand but this command fails for multiple attachments.Give me some solution on this. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email HTML + PDF attachment?

I am attempting to write a script where I can pass in parameters ( to , from, the location of a pdf attachment ) and send an email that has HTML for the body content and a PDF as an attachment. I have failed to achieve this with sendmail and mutt. I recently found this. If there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
MIME message tool(1)					      General Commands Manual					      MIME message tool(1)

NAME
mime-tool - a simple program to construct MIME messages with attached files SYNOPSIS
mime [ -dDvV ] [ -S subject ] [ -F from-address ] [ -T to-address ] [ -C carbon-copy address ] [ -P prolog-text ] [ -E epiplogue-text ] [ -B boundry ] [ -O overall content-type ] { [ -78abiquxopm ] [ -t content-type ] filename } DESCRIPTION
The mime program constructs MIME messages with attached files. The user can specify the content type (application/octet-stream, text/plain or a user specified type), content type encoding (7bit, 8bit, binary, base64 and auto-detect), content disposition (attached or inline) and the content boundry string. The user can also specify some mail related options: subject, from-address, to-addres, carbon-copy addres, prolog-text and epilog-text. The output of the MIME-tool program can be sent directly to the mail, mailx or sendmail commands (or any other command that accepts RFC-822 formatted messages). NOTE: Specifying 7-bit encoding for an attachment that contains 8-bit data will convert any data bytes whose high-bit is set to question marks. OPTIONS
-7 7-bit ASCII encoding -8 8-bit ASCII encoding -a application/octet-stream content type -b binary encoding -d low detail debugging -D high detail debugging -s write a subpart -i disposition: inline (instead of attachment) -q quoted-printable encoding -c content-type explicit content type -t text/plain content type -o omit disposition line -u unknown encoding, auto-detect -v verbose messages -V very verbose messages -x base64 encoding -p copy existing MIME part -o omit content-disposition -m omit content-transfer-encoding -n filename override the filename in the disposition header -N don't add a filename parameter in the disposition header -0 no-op EXAMPLES
Using MIME-tool to write a mail message to a file: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net -T someone@somewhere.net file1 > test.msg Using MIME-tool with the mail command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | mail someone@somewhere.net Using MIME-tool with the mailx command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | mailx someone@somewhere.net Using MIME-tool with the sendmail command: mime -S "test message" -F me@foo.net file1 | sendmail someone@somewhere.net VERSION
This is version 1.5.topal3 from June 2009. KNOWN BUGS
Most of the header values are not properly quoted or folded, so long or complex values for these headers may cause problems. Specifically, the from-address, to-address, carbon-copy-address and content-type headers may not be properly quoted or folded. For some reason, certain e-mail clients (espcially from a large software company located in Redmond, Washington) don't seem to recognize file attachments as attachments, but instead displays them as inline attachments. (maybe this isn't MIME-tool's fault, but I've gotten a few e-mails about it, so I'm mentioning it here) AUTHOR
mime is written by Jeffrey Dutky <dutky@bellatlantic.net> Oscar Esteban spotted an off-by-one error in the base64 encoding function. Sergey Lapin spotted a bug in the filename header construction. Chris Hemphill noticed that the documentation (this manual page and the README file) didn't include any examples of how to call the program with common mail commands. Some additional fixes and additions by Phil Brooke to support Topal. AVAILABILITY
The original MIME-tool package can be downloaded from my web page at http://members.bellatlantic.net/~dutky This modified version is distributed with Topal: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phil.brooke/topal/ MIME tool mime MIME message tool(1)