Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Accessing microsoft access from C program Post 302094326 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 26th of October 2006 05:19:55 PM
Old 10-26-2006
There are a lot of ODBC packages out there for Linux and UNIX. I don't know what
your platform(s) is, but you should at least look at commercial SQL connectivity products first. The reason for this is that you have support.

http://www.odbcsdk.com/products/openrda/unix_access.asp
This has a software development kit, and is deployed on both boxes - Windoze and UNIX.

Otherwise - try an ODBC search at sourceforge.net

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

microsoft access database on Unix

Hello, I am a newborn baby to Unix and I was told that it was possible to have Microsoft Access databases on a Unix web server. I am using Perl to interface and query the Access database, which puts the information into the appropriate fields of a web page. Then updated information is submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiderling
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Receiving status code 39 when accessing files through program.

I'm working on a project to extract some information from archive file. I ran my program through MFCobol animator and I'm receiving a status code of 39(file not compatible) when opening the file for input. I have tried just about everything, rebuild, convert, etc. but I receive the same message.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

accessing ms access from unix server...

Hello, I have a databse stored in my Unix server. I can't change the database because is used by a third party software. How Can I make some queries to this database (I want to extend the information for all the users using Apache + php on the unix server.) I looked at unixODBC but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bin program access

Hello, I was wondering if I have something in my bin dir and I want to access it from another directory to make a change how can I go about it. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing variable from awk program in shell

Hi, I want to access a variable outside the awk program. My program is as below:- I can not access the exact value of k (See the last line of the program). #!/usr/bin/sh j=10 k=1 #k is declared outside awk awk ' BEGIN { i=1; j1="'"$j"'" printf("\n ## Value of j1 is %d ##", j1); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shouvik.mitra
2 Replies

7. Programming

Access a value in 2D array in C program

Hi All, I am new to c programming. I am getting compilation error in the below program. Can somebody help me? #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> void main() { int i=j=0; char a={'f1',4,'f2','4'}; char count; for(i=0;i<2;i++) { for(j=1;j<=2;j++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_14189
2 Replies
exdata(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   exdata(3alleg4)

NAME
exdata - Accessing the contents of datafiles. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example exdata DESCRIPTION
This program demonstrates how to access the contents of an Allegro datafile (created by the grabber utility). The example loads the file `example.dat', then blits a bitmap and shows a font, both from this datafile. SEE ALSO
DATAFILE(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), load_datafile(3alleg4), makecol(3alleg4), readkey(3alleg4), replace_filename(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_palette(3alleg4), textout_ex(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 exdata(3alleg4)