Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help getting logged in to server Post 302094313 by BOFH on Thursday 26th of October 2006 03:06:40 PM
Old 10-26-2006
See the answer in the other section.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

know who logged and logged out with their timings

being ordinary user (not having any administrative rights) can avail myself a facility to know who logged and logged out with their timings get popped onto my terminal as if it get echo 'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

user logged on any server

the method to find out the all the user who are the current user of the system? i tried with the who. but with that i receive the TTY like something. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How can i get My parent user name while i am on remotely logged on other server.

Hi please suggest .. how can i get my original user from which logged in to another server. my main current login is $whoami nitin ssh nit01@n01 i m going (redirected)to log in below path.. nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> pwd /home/n01 nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> on this server i want get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total number of users logged in a server from uptime

how to find out total number of users logged in a server from uptime . i mean to say i need the total output of unix command . who gives the out put at a particular time . I need at all time from which machine who has connected , (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiya.te@gmail
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to log out of the server in such a manner that you are not logged out of PUTTY?

Hi, I am using EXIT command to log out of the server, But this logs me out of the Putty. Is there any way that I can still be present on Putty and just log out of the server. Every time I have to open a new session of PUTTY for a new server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Tracking Who Has Logged Into a Server?

I am running Solaris 10 on a variety of SUN servers. I need to be able to tell who has logged into the server. Is this info kept in any of the logs on the system? Thanks, LeonD (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leond
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: 1. Log into a linux server interface as root. 2. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). 3. Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

8. Linux

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: Log into a linux server interface as root. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login sessions,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to give input once logged in to server in script

Hi , when i am logging to the server i need to give input of specific key like k or l or m etc. and then need to put enter. need to use this in script . please assist. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture last 15mins data logged from server.log file?

Below is Script to scan the errorlist file (errorlist file includes a list of errors) with sererv.log file (sererv.log file should contain data of recent 15mins ) but my requirement is I should get the recent logs i.e. cmd to capture only recent 15mins data logged from sererv.log file then scan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
3 Replies
nisping(1M)															       nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)