Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to bring up Sun OS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to bring up Sun OS Post 302094300 by mayewil on Thursday 26th of October 2006 01:53:53 PM
Old 10-26-2006
Unable to bring up Sun OS

The last thing I did was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Then rebooted server. Since that time I have not been able to login. During bootup it can't find root and generates alot of errors. Does anybody know of a default login and password that will allow me to log in and rebuild the password file? It's either that or I will need to find a boot recovery CD.

Bill

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unable to bring up any interface

I have Linux 7.1 setup on a Dell and am unable to bring up any interfaces. Both the lo and eth0 fail upon boot up and I get a insmod error possibly due to bad irq or IO setting. If I disable eth0 upon boot, then lo works fine, but offcourse I get the "delaying initialization" upon boot for eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alam
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unable to telnet into the Sun server

I tried to telnet to my Sun server (E250) but I received the error message : "Network error: Connection reset by peer". I was able to ping my server. And, I had already commented off "CONSOLE=/dev/console" in /etc/default/login. But, if I rlogin from all other servers, it works. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawn_lwf
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to Log In to Sun NIS server

Greetings, I have recently inherited 3 sun servers from a shop that my parent company closed. One of these servers is an old Ultra 1 running SunOS 5.6 that acts as a NIS server for the other two servers. This NIS server seems to boot OK and function properly as a NIS server. However, I can't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SevenFortyOne
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail, on sun solaris

hi experts, I m new to the sun solaris. on our OS (sun solaris 5.8) i m trying to send mail but i not getting any mail, i have tried doing following . $mailx -s "Test" sivakumars@kesd.com But no response there no error also... pls let me know: 1) How can test sending mail through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

6. Solaris

sun 8 unable to communicate through console

Hi : I have a e450 sun server that I just started up and I connect my laptop to the serial connection using a null modem cable and it just does not connect. I use hyperterminal, I dont connect a keyboard to the sun machine? Any ideas? Thanks a lot Al (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
3 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun 280R unable to boot

I have a problem with one of my Sun 280R servers. I'm unable to boot it. I've managed to get to the {ok} prompt from the RSC card. Please see output below ok show-devs /virtual-memory /memory /aliases /options /openprom /chosen /packages /openprom/client-services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to bring iscsitgt service to online

this is samiulla in my vmware solaris 11 i installed iscsitgt pakage but it goes to maintenance and i am unable to bring into online with svcadm clear iscsitgt how can i forcefully online iscsitgt service. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to connect sun server.

Hi, I am unable to connect sun server, server model is sun fire v440 on server 2 ports are there. serial management, and network management. I would like to know how to connect serial port if I dont have com port on my system? and on Network Management no ip address is configured. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
NWBORM(8)							      nwborm								 NWBORM(8)

NAME
nwborm - Remove a NetWare Bindery Object SYNOPSIS
nwborm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] DESCRIPTION
nwborm removes the specified NetWare Bindery Objects. nwborm looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwborm prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be deleted. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. AUTHORS
nwborm was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding Caldera utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwborm 7/9/1996 NWBORM(8)