Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search for files in multiple directories Post 302094252 by ravikirankethe on Thursday 26th of October 2006 09:48:00 AM
Old 10-26-2006
Thanks for all your help. I got an easy command:
$ find 2006*/ -name ftp_server*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search directories for files with zero sizes to delete

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will use ls on a directory and list the files one at a time and their size. If the size is 0 i want it to ask me if I want to delete it (yes or no). If I say yes, I want it to delete but it won't know what the file name is just from running from the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akeenabawa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple search in multiple directories

Hi, I am facing the below problem I have a list of number to be searched(around 1000) files resideing in multiple directories as i dont know where it resides in. for example search string is like (abc)123456 please help. very urgent Thanks a lot Uma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through Sub Directories and search for set of files

I have the below directory in unix environment /home/bkup/daily: ls -lrt drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 12 18:21 20110112/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 13 17:06 20110113/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 14 16:44 20110114/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from multiple directories

I have multiple files that starts as TRADE_LOG spread across multiple folders in the given structure.. ./dir1/1/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir2/10/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir11/12/TRADE_LOG*.gz ./dir12/13/TRADE_LOG*.gz when I do ftp uisng mput from the "." dir I am getting the below given error mput... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

word search in multiple directories

need a Command in UNIX which can find out a word from files in multiple directories e.g. /home contains multiple directories /home/d1 /home/d2 . . . . /home/dn under d1,d2...dn contains multiple files. I need to search a specific word in a files under these multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagkoth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access files from different directories and to perform search action in those files?

Hi, I want to access files from different directories (for example: /home/dir1/file1 , /home/dir2/file2 ...) Like this i have to access these files(file1, file2...). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive search for files and copy to new directories

So I have extremely limited experience with shell scripting and I was hoping someone could point out a few commands I need to use in order to pull this off with a shell script like BASH or whatnot (this is on OS X). I need to search out for filenames with account numbers in the name itself... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyawaymike
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to Search a FILE for a STRING in multiple DIRECTORIES

Hi, Can someone please help me with a Command to Search a FILE for a STRING in multiple DIRECTORIES. I am searching for the VIP in HTTPD.CONF in multiple httpd instances. I am using find ./ -name "httpd.conf" | xargs grep 10.22.0.141 cut -d: -f3- | cut -d ' ' -f4 | sort | uniq -c ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crosairs
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
curl_multi_add_handle(3)					  libcurl Manual					  curl_multi_add_handle(3)

NAME
curl_multi_add_handle - add an easy handle to a multi session SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLMcode curl_multi_add_handle(CURLM *multi_handle, CURL *easy_handle); DESCRIPTION
Adds a standard easy handle to the multi stack. This function call will make this multi_handle control the specified easy_handle. Further- more, libcurl now initiates the connection associated with the specified easy_handle. When an easy handle has been added to a multi stack, you can not and you must not use curl_easy_perform(3) on that handle! If the easy handle is not set to use a shared (CURLOPT_SHARE) or global DNS cache (CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE), it will be made to use the DNS cache that is shared between all easy handles within the multi handle when curl_multi_add_handle(3) is called. The easy handle will remain added until you remove it again with curl_multi_remove_handle(3). You should remove the easy handle from the multi stack before you terminate first the easy handle and then the multi handle: 1 - curl_multi_remove_handle(3) 2 - curl_easy_cleanup(3) 3 - curl_multi_cleanup(3) RETURN VALUE
CURLMcode type, general libcurl multi interface error code. SEE ALSO
curl_multi_cleanup(3),curl_multi_init(3) libcurl 7.9.5 4 March 2002 curl_multi_add_handle(3)