Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail Post 302094250 by stefan.yu on Thursday 26th of October 2006 09:39:41 AM
Old 10-26-2006
Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all,

I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached.

I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the file (I remove the "uuencode file.xls file.xls"), then theI receive the correct body format (the html is correctly formatted)

cat /tmp/body.html ; uuencode file.xls file.xls ) | /usr/lib/sendmail -t "myname@mydomain.com"

The body.html file contains the following text:
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
<head>
<title>Title of page</title>
</head>
<body>
This is my first homepage. <b>This text is bold</b>
</body>
</html>

I need to use the standard UNIX command : sendmail or mutt or mailx...
Any help would be greatly appreciated... asap please ;-)
Stefan.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send email as HTML format with attachment ?

hi.. Could somebody help me how to sent an attachment using sendmail command and the content is HTML format ?. Below is my code to sent the email as HTML but i do not know how to sent the attachment, please help me To: "BAHARIN HASAN"<baharin.hasan@gmail.com> from: "DATAONE SDN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail with inline html along with attachment. Please help!

The below code is not working. I am able to send only inline html or only attachment. When trying to do both, only inline html is sent without attachment. Please help! #!/bin/ksh (echo "Subject: Test Mail - HTML Format" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send colorful text and attachment to mail

Hi, I want to send color text as body of mail with multiple attachments.How to do this?I used sendmailcommand but this command fails for multiple attachments.Give me some solution on this. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email HTML + PDF attachment?

I am attempting to write a script where I can pass in parameters ( to , from, the location of a pdf attachment ) and send an email that has HTML for the body content and a PDF as an attachment. I have failed to achieve this with sendmail and mutt. I recently found this. If there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
py_xls2html(1)						      General Commands Manual						    py_xls2html(1)

NAME
py_xls2html - convert an Excel xls file to a html formatted file SYNOPSIS
py_xls2html input-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. py_xls2html takes an Excel xls file as an argument and converts it to a html formatted file. Output is sent to stdout. Additional utility scripts can be found in the tools/ directory. OPTIONS
This program does not take any command line options. AUTHOR
pyexcelerator and py_xls2html were written by Roman V. Kiseliov <roman@kiseliov.ru>. This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE-ALSO pyexcelerator(1), py_xls2txt(1), py_xls2csv(1) October 12, 2006 py_xls2html(1)