Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Multiple scanners on same input file using lex/flex Post 302094205 by Rakesh Ranjan on Thursday 26th of October 2006 02:41:28 AM
Old 10-26-2006
No Corona688, that wont work because -Pprefix just #define's the original function (like -Pfirst would do '#define yylex firstlex') which would be expanded by preprocessor before compilation itself so while compiling the complier will complain that the function (yylex) has been redefined (because now there are 4 scanner functions from our 4 files expanded to yylex). And in fact not just yylex there are many other supporting functions and global variables that are #define'd this way & get expanded before compilation genrating a lot of errors.
Now can someone tell me way out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file

Hello , I am trying to print the footer of evry file in the given directory with xargs command like follows ls -1 | xargs -I {} gzcat {} | tail -1 now problem with this is only last file foooter is getting printed as " | tail -1 " is getting executed for the last file. I know this can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql input file with multiple sql statements

I've got: isql -U $USERID -S $SERVER -D $DATABASE -i inputfile.sql -o outputfile.txt in inputfile I have: go sql#1 go sql#2 go sql#3 go I also tried without "go" and with";" instead which did not work SQL statements will work if I paste them directly into the script and use EOF ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

building output file from multiple input files

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a way to combine multiple sources with different data on a single file, and I am trying to find the best way to do it. I have multiple files, let's say A, B, C and D. A has a field in common with B, B has a field in common with C, and C has a field in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp multiple files by taking the file name from a input file.

Hi, I'm working on a script which has to copy multiple files from one server to another server. The list of files that are to be copied is present in a file say input.txt. vi input.txt abc.c welcome.c new.c welcome1.c for ftp'ing a single file say 'new.c' the following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Lex: analyzing a C file and printing out identifiers and line numbers they're found on

Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL USA, Dr. Whalley, COP4342 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a lex specification file that reads a C source program that ignores keywords and collects all identifiers (regular variable names) and also displays the line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file input

Once a time, I did see a way to multiply a file input in bash, but have forgotten how it was done. Eks. awk 'FNR==NR {a++;next} ($2 in a) {print $2}' file file Here you need file two times. I seen it some like this awk 'FNR==NR {a++;next} ($2 in a) {print $2}' 2&file (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a file to multiple other files using a text file as input

Hello, I have a file called COMPLIST as follows that contains 4 digit numbers.0002 0003 0010 0013 0015 0016 0022 0023 0024 0025 0027 0030 0031 0032 0033 0035 0038 0041 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph90457
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid overwriting backup file when multiple entries need to replace in one file input from another

Hello, I have been working on script in which search and replace the multiple pattern. 1. update_params.sh read the multiple pattern from input file ParamMapping.txt(old_entry|New_entry) and passing this values one by one to change_text.sh 2. change_text.sh read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
BISON(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BISON(1)

NAME
bison - GNU Project parser generator (yacc replacement) SYNOPSIS
bison [ -b file-prefix ] [ --file-prefix=file-prefix ] [ -d ] [ --defines ] [ -l ] [ --no-lines ] [ -o outfile ] [ --output-file=outfile ] [ -p prefix ] [ --name-prefix=prefix ] [ -t ] [ --debug ] [ -v ] [ --verbose ] [ -V ] [ --version ] [ -y ] [ --yacc ] [ --fixed-output- files ] file DESCRIPTION
Bison is a parser generator in the style of yacc(1). It should be upwardly compatible with input files designed for yacc. Input files should follow the yacc convention of ending in .y. Unlike yacc, the generated files do not have fixed names, but instead use the prefix of the input file. For instance, a grammar description file named parse.y would produce the generated parser in a file named parse.tab.c, instead of yacc's y.tab.c. This description of the options that can be given to bison is adapted from the node Invocation in the bison.texinfo manual, which should be taken as authoritative. Bison supports both traditional single-letter options and mnemonic long option names. Long option names are indicated with -- instead of -. Abbreviations for option names are allowed as long as they are unique. When a long option takes an argument, like --file-prefix, con- nect the option name and the argument with =. OPTIONS -b file-prefix --file-prefix=file-prefix Specify a prefix to use for all bison output file names. The names are chosen as if the input file were named file-prefix.c. -d --defines Write an extra output file containing macro definitions for the token type names defined in the grammar and the semantic value type YYSTYPE, as well as a few extern variable declarations. If the parser output file is named name.c then this file is named name.h. This output file is essential if you wish to put the definition of yylex in a separate source file, because yylex needs to be able to refer to token type codes and the variable yylval. -l --no-lines Don't put any #line preprocessor commands in the parser file. Ordinarily bison puts them in the parser file so that the C compiler and debuggers will associate errors with your source file, the grammar file. This option causes them to associate errors with the parser file, treating it an independent source file in its own right. -o outfile --output-file=outfile Specify the name outfile for the parser file. The other output files' names are constructed from outfile as described under the -v and -d switches. -p prefix --name-prefix=prefix Rename the external symbols used in the parser so that they start with prefix instead of yy. The precise list of symbols renamed is yyparse, yylex, yyerror, yylval, yychar, and yydebug. For example, if you use -p c, the names become cparse, clex, and so on. -t --debug Output a definition of the macro YYDEBUG into the parser file, so that the debugging facilities are compiled. -v --verbose Write an extra output file containing verbose descriptions of the parser states and what is done for each type of look-ahead token in that state. This file also describes all the conflicts, both those resolved by operator precedence and the unresolved ones. The file's name is made by removing .tab.c or .c from the parser output file name, and adding .output instead. Therefore, if the input file is foo.y, then the parser file is called foo.tab.c by default. As a consequence, the verbose output file is called foo.output. -V --version Print the version number of bison. -y --yacc --fixed-output-files Equivalent to -o y.tab.c; the parser output file is called y.tab.c, and the other outputs are called y.output and y.tab.h. The pur- pose of this switch is to imitate yacc's output file name conventions. Thus, the following shell script can substitute for yacc: bison -y $* The long-named options can be introduced with `+' as well as `--', for compatibility with previous releases. Eventually support for `+' will be removed, because it is incompatible with the POSIX.2 standard. FILES
/usr/local/lib/bison.simple simple parser /usr/local/lib/bison.hairy complicated parser SEE ALSO
yacc(1) The Bison Reference Manual, included as the file bison.texinfo in the bison source distribution. DIAGNOSTICS
Self explanatory. local BISON(1)