Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hep with script to monitor directory Post 302094143 by cmf00186 on Wednesday 25th of October 2006 02:42:36 PM
Old 10-25-2006
mahendramahendr,

I tried your code and it works perfectly!. Thank you very much for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor directory

What is the best way for a script to run to monitor a directory for the presence of files and then perform a function afterwords? I was hoping to have it continually run and sleep until it detects that files are present in the directory, then break out of the loop and go on to the next step. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulinux
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor files in a directory and sending the alert

Hi All, We are having important config files in an directory which was accessable by all /auto/config/Testbed/>ls config1.intial config2.intial config3.inital often we find that some of the lines are missing in config files, we doubt if some one is removing. I would like to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor capacity of directory

Good morning. I have been attempting to find a way to monitor the capacity of a directory so that when it reaches 80% or higher I can send an event. I was able to find a script that does this for the whole drive by I can not seem to figure out how to do this for just a single directory. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
1 Replies

4. AIX

monitor directory events

I'm am looking for a cheap way to trigger a script when a new file is written in a specific directory. AIX 5.3. It is a production system, so no kernel patching (i.e. inotify). Filemon and audtiing are too expensive. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbillast
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor directory and email

Hello all, Can anyone please guide / help me in the following task.... I have a directory where some external users will upload pdf files. The filename of these pdf will be of a particular format (<id>-<first name>_<last name>_<some number>.pdf) I want to make a script such that it takes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhawalkv
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Monitor in KSh

Hi, I need to write a directory monitor, i.e. a korn shell script which would Report changes to the directory contents, like: added file1, deleted file2, updated file3 , created subdir (optional)... There is no specific file pattern. So far I have written a little script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olegkon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

8. Programming

Need hep with my semantic error

while(EOF != (c = fgetc(filePtr))) { if ((c == ' ') || (c == '\n') || (c == '\0')) { if (c == '\0') { continue; } printf("%s",cc); printf("%c\n"); memset(cc, 0, sizeof cc); } else { cc=c; i++; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script monitor directory and subdirectories for new pdfs

I need bash script that monitor folders for new pdf files and create xml file for rss feed with newest files on the list. I have some script, but it reports errors. #!/bin/bash SYSDIR="/var/www/html/Intranet" HTTPLINK="http://TYPE.IP.ADDRESS.HERE/pdfs" FEEDTITLE="Najnoviji dokumenti na... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: markus1981
20 Replies
SPACENAVD(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SPACENAVD(8)

NAME
spacenavd, spnavd_ctl - daemon for 3D-input-devices SYNOPSIS
spacenavd spnavd_ctl DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the spacenavd commands. The spacenav project provides a free, compatible alternative, to the proprietary 3Dconnexion device driver and SDK, for their 3D input devices (called "space navigator", "space pilot", "space traveller", etc). spacenavd, is a free software replacement user-space driver (daemon), for 3Dconnexion's space-something 6dof input devices. It's compatible with the original 3dxsrv proprietary daemon provided by 3Dconnexion, and works perfectly with any program that was written for the 3Dcon- nexion driver. Starting Depending on how your system startup process is set up, it might be the case that the spacenavd daemon starts before the X server (for instance if you don't use a graphical login). In that case the daemon will start properly, but won't connect to the X server until explic- itly told to do so. You can do that by running spnavd_ctl x11 start as root, or by using the graphical spnavcfg program. You don't really want to have to do that all the time though, so it's a better idea to add the aforementioned spnavd_ctl command to either your ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrd file, or the system-wide /etc/X11/Xsession file. Configuration The spacenavd daemon reads a number of options from the /etc/spnavrc file. If that file doesn't exist, then it uses default values for everything. You may use the graphical spnavcfg program to interactively set any of these options. The daemon should respond immediately to your changes, and also the configuration file should be updated automatically. AUTHOR
spacenavd was written by John Tsiombikas (nuclear@member.fsf.org) This manual page was assembled by M G Berberich <berberic@invalid>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 27, 2009 SPACENAVD(8)