Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Maint user cannot execute ping command Post 302093864 by BOFH on Monday 23rd of October 2006 11:01:50 PM
Old 10-24-2006
We really need more information than you've provided. What's the OS? How are you configuring a "maint user"? Is there a special environment? Are you using ACL's? Sun's Security tool (name escapes me but like Sudo)? Sudo Smilie ?

Insufficient Data.

Carl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to execute user command

I don't know why the following shell script doesn't work. Could you please help me out? #!/usr/bin/ksh test="cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1" $test I know it will work for the following format: #!/usr/bin/ksh cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1 However, I need to get the command from the user in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redtiger
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into root from user and execute command through script

i have logged in as user. I want to write a script to login into root and execute commands for eg. ifconfig or other command. kindly help me out. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Root command as Normal user

Hi, We need to execute a root commmand to change the expiry period of a user but we are getting error as permission denied Q How can we execute a root command by a normal user ? :mad: any thing or suggestion will be good .... :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek1979
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only execute telnet and ping for user

Hello for all! This is the situation: I must create many users that only can execute telnet and ping. Create users is not a problem, but I donīt know how limit the users privileges, to only execute telnet and ping. I hope you can help me. Thank's for all. Bye :) PD: Sorry for my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a command as root from normal user

Hi , I am trying to stop and start a process using the below code. I have sudo access on my machine ## PID = process id echo "$PASSWD" | sudo -S kill -9 <PID> echo "$PASSWD" | sudo -S /opt/abc/startserver /opt/abc/startserver: error while loading shared libraries: librts.so: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a command with root user

i m logged in with user1 id. i wish to execute the below as root user for which i tried several commands but all of them fail. sudo 'cat /tmp/tmp.file >>/etc/logger' Password: sudo: cat /tmp/tmp.file >>/etc/logger: command not found sudo cat /tmp/tmp.file >>/etc/logger bash:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
acl_first_entry(3)					     Library Functions Manual						acl_first_entry(3)

NAME
acl_first_entry - Resets the current ACL entry to be the first ACL entry LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> int acl_first_entry( acl_t acl_d); PARAMETERS
Specifies the working storage internal representation ACL descriptor. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_first_entry() function sets the internal ACL entry offset pointer of the specified ACL such that a subsequent call to acl_get_entry() for that ACL, returns the first entry in the ACL. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_first_entry() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and the errno global variable is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_first_entry() function sets errno to the corresponding value: The acl_d parameter does not refer to a valid ACL structure. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_get_entry(3), acl_copy_entry(3), acl_create_entry(3), acl_delete_entry(3), acl(4) Security delim off acl_first_entry(3)