Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: source reader tool
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements source reader tool Post 302093862 by NSKerben on Monday 23rd of October 2006 09:42:17 PM
Old 10-23-2006
Uhhh im confused what exactly do you mean by a "source reader tool" i did a google search and didn't come up with any thing.. do you mean something that can read a source file? if so any old text editor can do that like nano, textEdit, emacs or vi. If that is not what you meant could you tell me or someone else tell me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Wtmp Reader

I would loke to read the WTMP file. This is a binary file in the /var/logs directory. Is there any utility which will convert this binary file to ASCII format? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgold1
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

NewsGroup Reader . . . Need Advice

I recently installed Suse 8.0 and am in need of a dependable news group reader. I need something that will authenticate just like Outlook Express does, because I will connecting to an Exchange News Host. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should donwload for a Microsoft compatible news... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

source reader info

Hi friends, I urgently need to know if there is any tool called source reader in C or Unix or Linux...... If so ..plz let me know the details.I am running out of time..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Secure Card Reader

I see on some of the recent Sun workstations that there is a secure card reader installed. I have a Sunblade 100 and 150 and would like to know, how do you access this device or turn it on to use it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
2 Replies

5. AIX

pdf reader

which package is to be installed to view pdf files in AIX machine? i already have xpdf version 1...but, some pdf files are not opening in it.help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me.kamph
1 Replies

6. AIX

Open Source Tool for DB2

Dear Folks, Please suggest any Open source db2 tool for working with SQL queries (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query on the existence of open source tool

can anyone say me, is there any open source tool for generating either 2G or 3G traffic? If so exist, pls brief me about it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: routeme
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gzip reader

Hi , I have gzip file. Is it possible to script a code which can read from compressed byte offset to uncompressed byte length? Regards, Chetan.C (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
5 Replies
RNANO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNANO(1)

NAME
rnano - Restricted mode for Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone SYNOPSIS
rnano [OPTIONS] [[+LINE,COLUMN] FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the rnano command. nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as "search and replace" and "go to line and column number". rnano is a restricted version of nano, which only edits specific files and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem or a command shell. In restricted mode, nano will not: o read or write to any file not specified on the command line; o read any nanorc files; o allow suspending; o allow a file to be appended to, prepended to, or saved under a different name; o use backup files or spell checking. OPTIONS
+LINE,COLUMN Places cursor at line number LINE and column number COLUMN (at least one of which must be specified) on startup, instead of the default of line 1, column 1. -? Same as -h (--help). -h (--help) Show a summary of command line options and exit. -V (--version) Show the current version number and exit. See the nano(1) manpage for the complete documentation of nano. BUGS
Please send any comments or bug reports to nano@nano-editor.org. The nano mailing list is available from nano-devel@gnu.org. To subscribe, email to nano-devel-request@gnu.org with a subject of "subscribe". HOMEPAGE
http://www.nano-editor.org/ AUTHOR
Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org>, et al (see AUTHORS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). August 23, 2007 version 2.0.0 RNANO(1)