Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Can't ping internet. Need help Post 302093602 by BOFH on Friday 20th of October 2006 05:00:19 PM
Old 10-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrciano1
Thanks guys. Thats what it was. I am now connected.

I need the Staples "That was easy" button......
But you already have it. https://www.unix.com Smilie

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables rule to block ping to internet

I want to block ping on a linuxbox to any other address where it would go to the default gateway. vmdebianamd64:/etc/tcng# route Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 198.9.200.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

can't ping by ip

hi, I m trying to ping ip on the network . The machine is started but i can't access and can't ping it .. But when i restarts that machine that works fine..... can anybody have an idea about this problem ?? if then reply .. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
2 Replies

3. Linux

Not able to ping

Hi All, Need your help one more time. I am trying to ping a linux machine which is not responding to ping. However traceroute can reach the machine and I can log in to it by ssh. I have checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all it is already set as "0". It is not happening in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

4. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

5. Debian

PB : DNS Client don't ping internet

Hi, I have my router (192.168.1.1) connected to the internet. I have installed Debian on a server with Bind9 (192.168.1.254). The configurations files are : $ cat /etc/network/interfaces # The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # The primary network interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thibault
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Ping

Hi, I was trying to ping the source and destination i.ps ping -i <source> <destination> <destination> is alive Now i would like to see the packets contiuosly. Please suggest what option can be used with ping command to see For example if i give PING 10.137.58.78: 56 data bytes 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkarthik_kaja
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

PING

I am unable to ping my remote server.My server is unable to ping the same. both are able to ping the gateway. both the ip's are on same network.i use a proxy tunnel on my remote server.Help if any clues. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oslbhavana
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)