Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl regexp error , I cant understand what is wrong Post 302093416 by umen on Thursday 19th of October 2006 10:35:00 AM
Old 10-19-2006
The reason its there because sometimes I have :

Code:
my $rec =  q| new Array("Attributes Management"  , "<%=  myFunc2 %>   +   "/ResourceManagement/Attribute/attributeFrameset.jsp",<%=  myFunc1 %>    + "/Images/icons/attributes.gif",null,"AttributesManagement"),|;

and then I don't what that the regexp handle it
this is why i have [^+\s*]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Perl REGEXP

I need help with a Perl regular expression. The following string blows up my program: <david(greg jim)> If I type this string, there is no problem: <david(greg_jim)> or type david(gregjim) or type <david greg jim> the CGI program does not complain. For some reason that I do not understand the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop throw perl regexp selection

hello all i have string that i need to parse something list that : <form name="CustomerStatus" action="<% env.GetURI %>" method="post"<$if(blah)%> name="<% env.get("StatusList") %>" ><% hello %><input type="hidden" name="<% env.get("Operation") %>" value=""> now im selecting the the string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: no match across newlines

Hi. Here's a tricky one (at least to me): I have a file named theFile.txt (UTF-8) that contains the following: a b cWhen I execute perl -pe 's|a.*c|d|sg' theFile.txtin bash 3.2 on MAC OS X 10.6, I get no match, i.e. the result is a b cagain. Any clues why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Perl regexp to validate arithmetic expressions

Can a Perl regexp validate arithmetic expressions? I say yes. Here is my Perl regexp to validate arifmetic expressions: #!perl -w use strict; use re 'eval'; my @testexpr=( # Valid arifmetic expressions '+3', '-(3/4+(-2-3)/3)', '(-((3)))', '-(+1+2)*(3/(1-2))/((-3))', # Invalid (from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing perl script in Linux gives :Exec format error. Wrong Architecture

i have perl script that used to be working great , once i edit it in windows and convert it to UTF-8 and then via FTP return it . also did: chmod +x foo.pl and then when i try to run it : ./foo.pl im getting this error: ./foo.pl: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to understand perl error

I am trying to begin to troubleshoot this perl error that I keep getting, yet I get output is produced. The error is Use of uninitialized value in join or string line 175, <MANNO> line 7138 and below is line 175: I am not too sure what the error is but since not every line has an error on it, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)