Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checking jump sequence number (part2) Post 302093377 by happyv on Thursday 19th of October 2006 06:03:56 AM
Old 10-19-2006
I have a list.txt (over 300 name) like:

john
marry
peter
annie

can my script read it and put into like "CDBACKUPFILEjohn*.archived", "CDBACKUPFILEmarry*.archived" to check jump seq number?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sequence number checking

Hi there, I'm wanting to produce a shell script that will check through some file names and identify a skip in sequence (four digit seq num in file name). I have played on the idea of havng a file that has a sorted list of file names which I can read line at a time and cut out the sequence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - script can check jump sequence?

Hi, if I have a lot of files like (AABBCC0010, AABBCC0011, AABBCC0012....AABBCC1000), can I write a small script to check any sequence number jump and show me the result which sequence number? #The first sequence may start from 0010 or 0101... :confused: Thank you!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script for Checking sequence

Hello, I need Unix script for Checking sequence and get output in a file for missing sequences information. We are moving archive log to a server for DR .if any files miss from sequence DR will fails. so we need script to monitor sequence of files which are FTP from the Production servers .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rata_raj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sequence number

Hi, I have a data as follow: 1 400 2 239 3 871 4 219 5 543 6 ... 7 ... .. ... .. ... 99 818 100 991 I want to replace the sequence number (column 1) that start from 150. The output should like this: 150 400 151 239 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

First number sequence from string

Hi, I have a string like: DBMS stats (Number Used | Percentage of total): 10 | 1.00% I have a sed command to extract numbers from this string: sed "s///g;s/^$/-1/;" Output: 10100 However what I want the sed command to return is only the first number(regardless of its size) i.e.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccartj5
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the missing sequence Number?

Am using unix aix KSH... I have the files called MMRR0106.DAT MMRR0206.DAT MMRR0406.DAT MMRR0506.DAT MMRR0806.DAT .... ... MMRR3006.DAT MMRR0207.DAT These files are in one dircetory /venky ? I want the output like this ? Missing files are : MMRR0306.DAT MMRR0606.DAT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hex number sequence help

Need some help doing this ... with awk maybe Input 0DF6 0DF7 0DF8 0DF9 0DFA 0DFB 0DFC 0DFD 0DFF 0E00 0E01 0E02 0E03 0E04 0E05 0E06 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
11 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)