Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New kernel Issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat New kernel Issue Post 302093334 by prashant_ohol on Wednesday 18th of October 2006 07:30:46 PM
Old 10-18-2006
I have done the following steps in kernel compilation.

make menuconfig
In menu config i have selected the iptables.

make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install

Let me know.

Prashant

Last edited by prashant_ohol; 10-18-2006 at 08:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

kernel compilation: ncurses issue

Hi, While trying to build the linux kernel - 2.6.24.2, i get the following error message during initial phase(make menuconfig) : scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h:32:20: error: curses.h: No such file or directory <=== In file included from scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.c:24: It seems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit4g
1 Replies

3. Linux

kernel functions issue!

Hello All, I'm new to linux programming and this is my first post.I am porting ethernet driver from Linux2.4 to Linux2.6 for Xscale, after modifications I am able to install the driver. Now when i assign the address to my device using ifconfig, kenerl is going to panic. Stack trace is showing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineykr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel functions issue!

Hello All, I'm new to linux programming and this is my first post.I am porting ethernet driver from Linux2.4 to Linux2.6 for Xscale, after modifications I am able to install the driver. Now when i assign the address to my device using ifconfig, kenerl is going to panic. Stack trace is showing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineykr
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Issue with kernel patch installation...

I tried to install the kernel patch 118855-36 in my x86 machine which has Solaris 10 installed. Find below the error message.... #patchadd 118855-36 Checking patches that you specified for installation. Done! Approved patches will be installed in this order: 118855-36 Executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paventhan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Programming

A system hang issue in porting an old fs to kernel 2.6.32.*

Hi, I ported a file system from Kernel version 2.6.18.* to 2.6.32.46 as VFS implementation has changed and prepare_write/commit_write are replaced by write_begin/write_end pairs. Implemented the feature by writing a wrapper for write_begin and write_end and calling original functions for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Centos 4 32 bit - New kernel ethX MAC address order issue

I have compiled a new kernel (3.2.9) for centos 4/5/6 servers. There is an issue with the centos 4, 32 bit servers. The kernel changes the order in which the MAC address is determined and because of this the server network does not come up as the wrong MAC address are assigned. Even if we specify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Compilation Issue

I have installed ubuntu 11.04 on my system. After this when I used to give uname -r it showed me kernel version as 2.6.38. Now I had downloaded kernel 2.6.34.12 from kernel.org and installed it using the following steps: make make modules make modules_install make install This created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

10. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)