Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where are the password saved in a UNIX server? Post 302093289 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of October 2006 11:30:08 AM
Old 10-18-2006
Sure, let me tell you all about the TOP SECRET unix password common to ALL MACHINES EVERYWHERE that only 3l33t h@xx0rz know.

I mean... uh...

Not really.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I inhereted a Unix server that is password protected...Help!

I inhereted a project server that has UNIX installed with a SCO OS. I am trying to learn UNIX but I cannot go beyond the password and login. The original engineers have left the company and nothing was ever written down. How can access our server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxsaint
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tranfer an OS/ Unix (from old HD to new HD / include all files saved )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How can I tranfer an OS/ Unix (from old HD to new HD / include all files saved ) Could anyone help me out. :confused: Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vietnam
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to update my account password on 100 unix server ?

Hi We have over 100 unix servers. They include linux,solaris,aix,hp and sgi. I use telnet for some and ssh for rest. Note: none of this server has expect which i can use to update.So i am looking for expert who can help me with their script or guide me write KSH script to automate this. Thank... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaurtum
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to one server from other server without asking password

Hi , I am using redhat linux 5.I.I need a command or script which need to login from one server to another without asking password.This can be done even providing password on the command line is also fine.I have tries sshpass but it didn't work.ssh key generations is not preferred here. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

10. AIX

How to ssh from an AIX OS server to a Fabric OS server without password?

Hi I'd like to ssh from an AIX OS server ( v5.3) to a Fabric OS server ( v6.1.2 ) without password. I tried using dsa or rsa keys but it didn't work, the aix server still asked for the password. Somebody help, please :(:(:( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
NWBORM(8)							      nwborm								 NWBORM(8)

NAME
nwborm - Remove a NetWare Bindery Object SYNOPSIS
nwborm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] DESCRIPTION
nwborm removes the specified NetWare Bindery Objects. nwborm looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwborm prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be deleted. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. AUTHORS
nwborm was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding Caldera utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwborm 7/9/1996 NWBORM(8)