Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive method call getting terminated ??? Post 302093156 by tipsy on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 04:16:29 PM
Old 10-17-2006
MySQL Recursive method call getting terminated ???

Hello people,

Need help !!! What am I doing wrong here ?

I am writing a function to recursively list the files under a folder and it's sub-folders. Problem is once it list the files under the innermost folder, it terminates. What do I need to do so that it returns and list files under the other folders under the topmost folder. Below please find the method declaration:

############################################
listfiles()
############################################
{
dir=$1

echo "Listing files under folder $dir"
files=`ls -1 $dir`

for file in `echo $files`
do
if [ -d $dir/$file ]; then
#recursive call
listfiles $dir/$file
fi

echo $dir/$file
done
}

Regards,
T.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Process got terminated automatically

Hi, I am elango. I am working with UNIX AIX version 5. I am facing tow problem whenever I am trying to run a script. 1. The moment I run the script 3 more jobs are getting started automatically. I used PS -ef command to check the running Jobs, I found totally 4 jobs are running for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elango
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command terminated abnormally

I am getting an Error Message as ============================= starting Sortcl Merging And Aggregation time: command terminated abnormally. ============================= , when running a sortcl command.sortcl is a command for sorting large data,using cosort application installed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PID - Getting the processname of terminated/old Process

Hi all! I'm using CentOS 5.2 with KDE. Is it possible to get a processname/cmd of a terminated process (= PID not present with PS-command) ? Are the processnames/scriptnames logged somewhere? (I did not find them in /var/log/messages) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnMurdoch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive function call problem

This is shell script I have made to lists out directory contents and filenames for any given directory (without using ls command). There is some problem in dirfunc function call which I have marked 1 is not working. Can anybody suggest what is the problem there and how should I correct it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netresearch
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern not terminated

Hi, What am i missing on line 16, when I run this I get Search pattern not terminated at count-scr.pl line 16 #!perl open(my $log, ">log-subnet.txt") or die "Could not open log: $!\n"; ##### Step 1, read subnetsopen(my $in, "<names.txt") or die "Could not open names.txt: $!\n";while(<$in>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

oracle session is not terminated on HP-UX

In our HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 PA-RISC 64bits server, the oracle session is not terminated using JDBC after closing the session, we close the java.sql.Statement java.sql.Result and java.sql.Connection on app. In others servers (GNU/Linux debian), the sessions are ending without problems, using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miguecg
1 Replies

9. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl error: Can't call method "value" on an undefined value

Hi, I am running a perl script to automate a process and I keep running into a error can't find the "value" Can't call method "value" on an undefined value at process_file.pl line 44. file is CVS cell is ifdfdxrfmp.ksh Here is the script I have also attached it as well: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)