Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to SAN
Operating Systems Solaris Connecting to SAN Post 302093139 by muskote on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 02:00:59 PM
Old 10-17-2006
To be sure, you have all the necessary drivers and your HW config is suppoorted, check also on www.powerlink.emc.com the ESM --> EMC Support Matrix.

The is also a utility called emc_grab_[OS-Version].tar, run it on the host, and it validates your config.

Greetings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is SAN

Hello all, I have looked at the entire posting that have SAN in it and I'm still fuzzy on how SAN works. I understand that every disk array can be access from any server that needs it, but is there software that is install or NFS mount type situation. One post stated that if your format command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
7 Replies

2. AIX

San:

hi We have 2 AIX nodes running with HACMP and all of them connected to SAN, Our shared storage is shark; I need to create shared volume group and I need the HACMP take a ware of it. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h2aix
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

4. AIX

san lv showing old fs

Hi All, I have been working with two AIX with san and this is the first I got this minor problem on my third AIX. The san/hdisk was recreated so many times because of this problem. When I created a new vg and fs. The fs will be mounted/unmounted properly but if I query the fs on a vg with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Linux

Linux on SAN

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size on the LUN on a SAN and make the Linux kernel understand the changes without restarting? In the past it has always been rebooted to see the new values but im sure that there is a way now for the lvm to see the Free PE in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ark
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting off of a SAN

Hello, I'm posting this in the "Unix for Dummies" forum, since it is more of a theoretical question than an exact problem/fix I'm inquiring about. I have a SunFire T2000 server with 4 internal hard drives, running Solaris 10. (So far so good :) The company just purchased a large EMC SAN. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. AIX

SAN Migration

Hi all, We are migrating our SAN storage from HSV360 to 3PAR. The system runs aix 6.1 version with HACMP. Please let me know what are requirements from OS side and how are the data copied to the new disks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Connecting to SAN storage - whats need to be done ?

hi all, I am on solaris 10 1/13 and new to SAN storage. I am required to connect to the LUNs on the SAN storage and is asked to provide the WWN information to the storage administrator. Right now, it will be just 1 connection from a single hba port to the FCport on the storage directly,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)