Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trouble mounting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers trouble mounting Post 302093127 by sahilb on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 12:06:08 PM
Old 10-17-2006
trouble mounting

What is the possible cause for the mount command to take ages? im trying to mount remotely : "mount -t nfs xx.x.x.x:/export/xyz/cdrom-4.0 /mnt/cdrom" on a system using bash. Im able to ping the remote server, but the system hangs or takes about half an hour to carry out this mount command....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting...?

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have ever properly used Linux - I run Red Hat Linux 8. I have two hardrives, my main 80gig, and my "extra" 15gig, I would like to be able to gain access to my 15gig and view the files. I know to view files on a floppy disk or a cd you need to mount the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting a dir

is there any way i can mount a folder to anoter? im askng cuz im on knoppix, and i wanna configure my apache server, then copy the folder to /dev/hda1 so i mount to it later, over the old apache files, so i can run it again w\o configs....... is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punk000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble mounting tape drive with Lynx OS

I'm trying to mount tape drive so I can tar from a cd. this is what i type: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 /mnt this is what i get: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 on /mnt : Block device required I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. It's my understanding that rsd2940.4 is the block device. An... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nic_stersic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting help.

Hello, I am trying to mount a second scsi hard drive on a SCO box. (5.0.5.) And I can't figure out what the device file for it is so I can mount it. Can anyone help me? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iconn
1 Replies

5. BSD

Mounting

Hi I mounted disk which have two partition C: , D: ( i am not sure if both partition have same file system) with this commad: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ad2s1 /mnt/windows but this is mounted only first partition with fat file system. ( in windows XP C: ) How can i mount another partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper007
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting fs ext3

I'm trying to find a correct command that will mount a filesystem ext3 the device /dev/sda1 to mount point /mnt/usb but not allow any programs to run from it. I want to be honest as I've read the forum rules... This is a homework question BUT, i'm generally interested in the correct process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting

I generally use mount many times to mount an iso image or as a bind between directories or mounting a squash file system. Y does one require root permission to do a mount --bind between two of his own directories or just mount an iso/squash image in directory he owns? Also I wish mount had an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting

I have a big confusion in mounting........so please tell me whats the exact meaning of it nd do other os have this concept or not? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
8 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)