Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Help w/mailx - Sun Solaris Post 302092915 by BOFH on Friday 13th of October 2006 08:53:47 AM
Old 10-13-2006
I don't know why you're doing a cat << savelog.txt but remove the "<<"'s. Just use

Code:
cat savelog.txt | mailx -s "Saverpt `date +"%c`" myemail@xxx.com

or

Code:
mailx -s "Saverpt `date +"%c`" myemail@xxx.com < savelog.txt

Carl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command (Sun Solaris 8)

Hi, I would like to use mailx to send multiple files to one recipient whereas each file should be send as a separate email. mailx -s "Subject" email@user.de < file1 file2 file3 file4 If I use this command email@user.de will receive only file4. And: cat file* | mailx -s .... will combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cczerwin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris not able to ping Sun Solaris

I have a Sun Blade 2500 with SUN 5.9 OS installed. I can ping other machines(windowsXP/2003) from my SUN machines but not able to ping each other SUN machines which i have newly installed. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Mailx help in Solaris

Hi Team, We are with Solaris 10. And presently we are sending mail using the tool mailx -s. Our requirement is we need to send amil with HIGHPRIORITY. SO is there any way to send the mail as HIGHPRIORITY. If not any alternative way instaead of using mailx. Thanks in advance. Regards Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balagj709
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris mailx Configuration

Hi, I need to send an output from Solaris to my email address. For example df -h to be sent out from the Solaris. I was wondering how to configure the mailx and smtp configuration to be setup. Has anyone setup before? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
0 Replies
CAT(1)									FSF								    CAT(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate files and print on the standard output SYNOPSIS
cat [OPTION] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Concatenate FILE(s), or standard input, to standard output. -A, --show-all equivalent to -vET -b, --number-nonblank number nonblank output lines -e equivalent to -vE -E, --show-ends display $ at end of each line -n, --number number all output lines -s, --squeeze-blank never more than one single blank line -t equivalent to -vT -T, --show-tabs display TAB characters as ^I -u (ignored) -v, --show-nonprinting use ^ and M- notation, except for LFD and TAB --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for cat is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and cat programs are properly installed at your site, the command info cat should give you access to the complete manual. cat (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 CAT(1)