Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Startup script to clean out trash can Post 302092873 by Andrek on Thursday 12th of October 2006 08:06:46 PM
Old 10-12-2006
Thanks...
I will look around the OS and....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script to clean up a directory

I have to do a directory clean up on several machines. The task is as follows: go to a particular directory (cd /xxx) 1. create a directory ' SCRIPTCLEANUP ' ( i KNOW IT) loop through 2. List the directory 3. if directory and start with 'DQA' leave it, 4. if directory or file move it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean up script

I have a script which would monitor a given directory and delete any files which are older than 10 days. I was going to set the 10 crob jobs to perform this operation for 10 different directories (some are actually sub-directories), but my boss doesn't like that idea, so I need to do that in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to FTP,clean up and email

Hi i need a unix script to do the following tasks. My folder structure is /home/MSTR/test and will have the following folder within it Cache Lookup Source Target 1. On the Source & Target folder i have to take a copy of files older than 5 days and move(FTP) it into local machines C:\Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to clean data

Hi, Appreciated if anyone can throw some hint I have a file format like this: old(1): PRCNCP 1 old(2): PRSKU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'awk' help for script to clean out wireless.

I've been working on a script to clean out the wireless connections on my MAC. I know the terminal command to do this (that part is not rocket science ;) ) So I thought I would have a go at automating this but I'm having trouble with the 'awk' command & the correct context. My code is := ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Lien
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Script to clean files

Hello All, I need a script that would delete files which are more than "X" number of days old, also if there can be a log file of the deleted files for reference. I am from windows background hence finding it difficult. Any help is much appreciated Regards Wert (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wert468
4 Replies
RESTORE-TRASH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  RESTORE-TRASH(1)

NAME
restore-trash - Restore for Command line trash utility. SYNOPSIS
restore-trash DESCRIPTION
Use for restore a trashed file or directory, in the original path. This command is a part of trash-cli package that provides a command line interface trashcan utility compliant with the FreeDesktop.org Trash Specification. It remembers the name, original path, deletion date, and permissions of each trashed file. EXAMPLES
$ restore-trash 0 2007-08-30 12:36:00 /home/andrea/foo 1 2007-08-30 12:39:41 /home/andrea/bar 2 2007-08-30 12:39:41 /home/andrea/bar2 3 2007-08-30 12:39:41 /home/andrea/foo2 4 2007-08-30 12:39:41 /home/andrea/foo What file to restore [0..4]: 4 $ ls foo foo BUGS
Report bugs to http://code.google.com/p/trash-cli/issues AUTHORS
Trash was written by Andrea Francia <andreafrancia@users.sourceforge.net> and Einar Orn Olason <eoo@hi.is>. This manual page was written by Steve Stalcup <vorian@ubuntu.com>. Changes made by Massimo Cavalleri <submax@tiscalinet.it>. SEE ALSO
trash-put(1), trash-list(1), trash-empty(1), and the FreeDesktop.org Trash Specification at http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. RESTORE-TRASH(1)