Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Relocating directory /export/home to a bigger filesystem Post 302092796 by Msororaji on Thursday 12th of October 2006 07:08:26 AM
Old 10-12-2006
Thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with /export/home

I'm having a problem with my /export/home directory. A few of my users are getting superblock problems when they try to save files. what's something I can do to fix the problem? I'm running Solaris 7 on an Intel so no Open Boot Prom... any help would be great. thanks.. ,AP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
2 Replies

2. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

3. Solaris

automountd [24] : Mount of /export/home problem

Hi Guys, Thanks for taking the time to read the problem i having outlined below: Before i go into the problem can you please tell me what the following means? a. "dt" stands for and what does it means? Configuration Below: 1x Unix Server 2x Unix Terminals (both systems are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

NFS export filesystem with several partitions

I want to export the file system which consist of several partition. For example I export / and there are /home, /usr partitions. On client side I can see all files in /, but /home and /usr are empty. So far I failed to find the way to make other partitions visible in one mount. :confused: Of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmtu2005
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/export/home question

please could someone explain what is /export/home used for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venhart
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I export a zfs filesystem that I created?

I created a zpool and two ZFS volumes in OpenSolaris. I would like both ZFS volumes to be exportable. However, I don't know how to set that up. These are the steps I did: 1) Create the zpool using raidz1 across five disks. I have six disks and created a zpool across 5 of them. c4t0d0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
3 Replies

7. Solaris

A query regarding /export/home in Solaris

Friends, I am new to Solaris, but familiar with Linux. Could you throw some light on the need for /export/home directory in Solaris. In Linux, the default home directory for a normal user is /home/<username>. If domain concept is implemented, then the /home directory of server will be mounted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Quotas on /export/home

Hello all, I am trying to set quotas on /export/home filesystem for some of our users on a Solaris Zone I know that you would be redirecting me to some of the documentation pages, but I have already done that. The /export/home on the Zone is a Veritas FS and I cannot see an entry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
4 Replies

9. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

directory space bigger than lvol?

hi everybody, i know my question is maybe stupid, but see this sr597:#/ipos# du -ks 6994419 . sr597:#/ipos# bdf . Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 482448 1602192 23% / if i do du-ks its about 7gb, but it supposed due to the next... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
0 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)