Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tar subdirectories for specific files Post 302092778 by ronald_brayan on Thursday 12th of October 2006 05:53:38 AM
Old 10-12-2006
Tar files

Hi blowtorch,

Thanks a lot . It Worked.

Regards,
Ronald.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

tar: how to exclude subdirectories?

If i have a bunch of directories that i normally backup with this: tar cvhf /dev/rmt/0 /export/home How can i exclude certain subdirectories under the /export/home? tar cvhf /dev/rmt/0 /export/home | grep -v 'test' ? will that exclude anything named test, and any subdirectories under test? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar archive with including specific patern files

Hi, I need to create recursive tar archive, while I put there only files of type a*.txt. Without file filtering the command is: tar cfzf test.tar.gz test_tar/ How I include the switch for including only files with pattern a*.txt ? Thanks a lot! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john.gelburg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding file in specific subdirectories

Hi experts problem: i have a directory "DATA" with lots of subdirectories named as date with hudge data containning files. Directory = "DATA" subdirectory = "20090611" & "20090612" ...... 20090611 = thousands of files i wanna apply find command to find all files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting specific files from a tar file in HP-UX

I have tried: tar -xfv mytarfile.tar archive/tabv/* tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xf mytarfile.tar -v --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards --no-anchored 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards `archive/tabv/*` and none... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find *.tar files under all subdirectories

Hi there, I'm new to shell scripting... I've a situation like to find *.tar files under all subdirectories in "/home/abcd" and i used the below, find /opt/lhapp ! -name "temp" | more the above works fine.. Now don't need search few direcotries like "/home/abcd/aaaa",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a newline after match in files of specific name under some subdirectories?

Hi I'd like to add the newline: \tuser: nobody", or "<TAB>user: nobody to all files named: docker-compose.ymlin subfolders of pwd with names beginning with 10-20. Within these files, I'd like to find the line (there'll only be one) containing: command: celery workerNOTE: As far as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncanbetts
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
pbmreduce(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)