Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [need help] about after running sys-unconfig and config network for v890 Post 302092627 by bucci on Wednesday 11th of October 2006 08:04:43 AM
Old 10-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTM
Sendmail complaining about the domain is normally a DNS issue - check your DNS.

hi RTM,

thank you for your quick response, the server dont use any domain / DNS, btw how to remove the DNS setting on solaris 8? or have any idea ?

thank you for your attention

Best Regards,

wu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network problem after sys-unconfig

I am running Solaris 8 and I have problem with configuration of the network after running sys-unconfig command: - I ran "sys-unconfig" command then the system reboot to "ok" prompt. I did a "boot disk" command and the system reboot - I lost all system info including host name and all addresses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login error after sys-unconfig, errno = 13

Hi, I have a SPARCstation 10 with SunOS 5.6 This erlier was in a network and now I have it at home to make a webserver. At fist there was NIS and things left from erlier. So the "Console login:" newer appered only the white window with sun logo topleft and some text info. I made... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: roing
14 Replies

3. Solaris

[help]network error after reboot server v890 sparc

hi expert, i had reinstall the sun v890 server solaris 8 and also do mirroring, i had configure the network for the server (hostname.eri0,hosts,netmasks,nodename,etc) after i reboot get and error messages below : Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

4. Solaris

[need help] error after configure network card at v890 sparc

hi experts, i have some problem with my server v890, i had config the network with ce0,ce1 and eri0 but after reboot the server have this error messages display : WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down configuring IPv4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sys-unconfig keeps hostname

Hi, I performed a sys-unconfig on a solaris 10 server twice and it did not ask for a new hostname. I did a fresh install. most of the time I have experienced that it asks for a new hostname. what happened? I know I could have edited some files but I prefer not to. thanks in advance, ~jv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about sys-unconfig

Hi there, We are trying to move our Sun Solaris 10 servers to new location (different state); the subnets will be changing ofcourse and so will the IP addresses; we plan to change hostname too. Questions: 1)If we perform sys-unconfig will the current installed application/data be lost? If so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedee
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

9. Solaris

sys-unconfig now can not log in

I did a sys-unconfig to change the domainname, Ip, subnet, hostname, and pretty much everything else that sys-unconfig handles. Upon reboot, it is toast. I did this all without the network cable plugged in. The following shows up on console: login: pam_unix_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help about config. sys message.

Dear All, I am trying to config a sys mail message on solaris 10. I am doing the following commands but it dose not work with me; #touch /var/mail-test #vi /etc/syslog.cong local0.notice /var/mail-test #svcadm disable svcs:/system/system-log:default #svcadm enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
1 Replies
Net::DNS::RR::RP(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::RR::RP(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::RR::RP - DNS RP resource record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $rr = new Net::DNS::RR('name RP mbox txtdname'); DESCRIPTION
Class for DNS Responsible Person (RP) resource records. METHODS
The available methods are those inherited from the base class augmented by the type-specific methods defined in this package. Use of undocumented package features or direct access to internal data structures is discouraged and could result in program termination or other unpredictable behaviour. mbox $mbox = $rr->mbox; A domain name which specifies the mailbox for the person responsible for this domain. Its format in master files uses the DNS convention for mailbox encoding, identical to that used for the RNAME mailbox field in the SOA RR. The root domain name (just ".") may be specified to indicate that no mailbox is available. txtdname $txtdname = $rr->txtdname; A domain name identifying TXT RRs. A subsequent query can be performed to retrieve the associated TXT records. This provides a level of indirection so that the entity can be referred to from multiple places in the DNS. The root domain name (just ".") may be specified to indicate that no associated TXT RR exists. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Package template (c)2009,2012 O.M.Kolkman and R.W.Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::RR, RFC1183 Section 2.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::RR::RP(3)