Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [need help] about after running sys-unconfig and config network for v890 Post 302092624 by RTM on Wednesday 11th of October 2006 07:35:03 AM
Old 10-11-2006
Sendmail complaining about the domain is normally a DNS issue - check your DNS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network problem after sys-unconfig

I am running Solaris 8 and I have problem with configuration of the network after running sys-unconfig command: - I ran "sys-unconfig" command then the system reboot to "ok" prompt. I did a "boot disk" command and the system reboot - I lost all system info including host name and all addresses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login error after sys-unconfig, errno = 13

Hi, I have a SPARCstation 10 with SunOS 5.6 This erlier was in a network and now I have it at home to make a webserver. At fist there was NIS and things left from erlier. So the "Console login:" newer appered only the white window with sun logo topleft and some text info. I made... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: roing
14 Replies

3. Solaris

[help]network error after reboot server v890 sparc

hi expert, i had reinstall the sun v890 server solaris 8 and also do mirroring, i had configure the network for the server (hostname.eri0,hosts,netmasks,nodename,etc) after i reboot get and error messages below : Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

4. Solaris

[need help] error after configure network card at v890 sparc

hi experts, i have some problem with my server v890, i had config the network with ce0,ce1 and eri0 but after reboot the server have this error messages display : WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down configuring IPv4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sys-unconfig keeps hostname

Hi, I performed a sys-unconfig on a solaris 10 server twice and it did not ask for a new hostname. I did a fresh install. most of the time I have experienced that it asks for a new hostname. what happened? I know I could have edited some files but I prefer not to. thanks in advance, ~jv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about sys-unconfig

Hi there, We are trying to move our Sun Solaris 10 servers to new location (different state); the subnets will be changing ofcourse and so will the IP addresses; we plan to change hostname too. Questions: 1)If we perform sys-unconfig will the current installed application/data be lost? If so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedee
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

9. Solaris

sys-unconfig now can not log in

I did a sys-unconfig to change the domainname, Ip, subnet, hostname, and pretty much everything else that sys-unconfig handles. Upon reboot, it is toast. I did this all without the network cable plugged in. The following shows up on console: login: pam_unix_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help about config. sys message.

Dear All, I am trying to config a sys mail message on solaris 10. I am doing the following commands but it dose not work with me; #touch /var/mail-test #vi /etc/syslog.cong local0.notice /var/mail-test #svcadm disable svcs:/system/system-log:default #svcadm enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.8.0 2002-10-12 Net::DNS::Question(3)