Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount a windows drive on unix Post 302092614 by seshumohan on Wednesday 11th of October 2006 05:35:30 AM
Old 10-11-2006
how

i installed dual operating systems on a sigle disk (xp&linux 9)
now i want to accses fat files on linux how it is posible

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Formatting hard drive from Unix to Windows

Can a hard drive be formatted from unix server to windows 2000 professional? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: howarddtp
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I mount Windows NTFS drive?

Just inherited a windows server to support. Windows 2003 Enterprise edition I can view driver / folders on the windows NTFS volume by mapping a drive from my windows laptop.. Can I mount this from a unix server also? I heard you can use Microsoft Services for Network File System... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP files from windows drive E: to unix

Hello friends, I was doing this test script which would take a file from my own E: drive to the unix server which i access from a putty. I tried sftp <osuser>@<ipaddress> but it didn't work. does the windows client have to be a server installation? i was trying on win xp from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to mount a windows drive on Solaris..

hi All, I have two machines one which has Open solaris as its operating system and another which has Window Xp professional.I would like to mount a drive from the Windows machine onto the open solaris machine.Just to add i wish to do this without having SAMBA in place. Anyone who can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to setup a samba share to always mount to a specific Windows drive letter???

I'm trying to setup Samba in a solaris zone... Is there a way to setup Samba so that every Windows machine that tries to connect to the share always gets it mounted under the same drive letter (e.g. H:)??? My Samba share (in smb.conf) /home/pickup I want that all Window users get it mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System V Mount Floppy Drive

I have recently installed UNIX SysV on an old computer to try and expand my general knowledge of computers. I want to install NASM on it so I can begin working on some assembly language, but I am having trouble accessing the floppy disk with the files I need. I've tried running mount /dev/fd0... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrentBANKS
23 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Windows Drive Mount Fails to Refresh in RedHat

Hi all, I have a server running Red Hat Linux 7.2 and a Windows file server. I have mounted certain paths from the Windows file server on to the Red Hat server. I can specify access privileges to folders that are visible to different users who have access to both Windows and Linux servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mister_frostee
0 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)