Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying the final output file Post 302092525 by anbu23 on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 01:36:03 PM
Old 10-10-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
anbu23,
have you tried you solution?

nawk -f char.awk file2.txt file1.txt

char.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS=OFS=","
}
FNR==NR { arr[ $1 ] = $2; next }
{ print $0, arr[ $1 ] }

I didn't test my code.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Final Output

Hi There, I am having two output files having the following information: Output1: Name1 0 Name2 222 Name3 598 Name4 9800 Output2: Name1 10 Name2 333 Name3 567 Name4 39003 as you can see the two output files have the same Name colom but different records for each name. Now, how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can someone help me with modifying this file

Hi, I have a file which has data kind of like this. Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10a sendmail: m3DDKSx3006432: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKSoK006433: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKcSo006442: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX - How to remove the final delimiter from a command output

Hi All, I am trying to list the various dates for which the file is available in a directory using the command below, (& subsequently pass the command output to a loop) Command : ls dir|grep 'filename'|cut -d '_' -f1|cut -c1-8|tr '\n' ',' However, it is giving me an extra comma... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying output column

Hi friends, I have file as follow D1 pin16I pin20I R1 pin20F pin20D VCC1 pin20A pin16G I want to modify it second and third column. I want to just change the last character of 2nd and 3rd column with some condition. The condition is if last char of second column is in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Separating output after final character

I'm trying to write a script that will email the contents of my Application folder to me. cd /Applications ListApps=$(ls) echo $ListApps | mail -s "Application Check" myself@myemail.com This sends it in a paragraphed block i.e: Adobe Acrobat Reader.app App Store.app Atom.app... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::RequireNegativeIndices(User Contributed Perl DocumentPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::RequireNegativeIndices(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::RequireNegativeIndices - Negative array index should be used. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Conway points out that $arr[$#arr]; $arr[$#arr-1]; $arr[@arr-1]; $arr[@arr-2]; are equivalent to $arr[-1]; $arr[-2]; $arr[-1]; $arr[-2]; and the latter are more readable, performant and maintainable. The latter is because the programmer no longer needs to keep two variable names matched. This policy notices all of the simple forms of the above problem, but does not recognize any of these more complex examples: $some->[$data_structure]->[$#{$some->[$data_structure]} -1]; my $ref = @arr; $ref->[$#arr]; CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::RequireNegativeIndices(3pm)