Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity how to access computer behind cable modem, from outside,across "the Internet" Post 302092487 by andryk on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 09:05:55 AM
Old 10-10-2006
Im tempted to say: do like you would do to acces your server from within your lan (internal) telnet/rlogin etc ... but since you will come from "the outside" ssh/sshd might be the appropriate way

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

2. Linux

LINUX "Direct cable connection" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my job I'm trying to setup a pc (running Linux Red Hat 9.0), and I need to establish a Direct cable connection to a modem connected to one COM port. I'm an experienced user of Windows, but between Linux and Unix I will be crazy in a short time!!!!! :D Please if someone of you can helpme, thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gussiglo21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cable Modem, Unix, XP Computer Primary, need advice setup!

I have a XP computer which is my primary. I recently, well just today installed a old version of Mandrake Linux 6.5 I had laying on a self collecting dust on a old PII 233mhz that had to be vacummed out before I could use it. I have my XP computer connected by 10/100 NIC to a cable modem. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

5. SuSE

"scp" access denied:/etc/security/access.conf

Guys i have 2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (i586) boxes.if i take a look into /etc/security/access.conf ,i see following lines at the eof # All other users should be denied to get access from all sources. #- : ALL : ALL - : myID : ALL now earlier i had written scripts where files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Cannot access UNIX.com with new cable modem

Hi. I have a very strange problem, so strange I don't even know which sub-forum to post it to. Last week, my cable modem broke, so I took it back and got a new one. The new one doesn't work with my old router so, for now, I have to connect the modem directly to my Mac with an ethernet... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
BAYCOMEPP(8)						   Linux AX.25 Utilities Manual 					      BAYCOMEPP(8)

NAME
baycomepp - Baycom EPP modem driver SYNOPSIS
baycomepp [ -lknvcaz ] [-p portaddr] [-m modestr] [--epp] [--ecp] [--eppconv] [--eppafsk] [--ifname name] [--hwaddr callsign] [--ipaddr ipaddress] [--netmask netmask] [--broadcast broadcast] DESCRIPTION
baycomepp is a user mode driver for the Baycom EPP modem family. It currently supports the conventional EPP modem (using the IDT 72xxx FIFO's) and the FPGA (Xilinx XCS10) variant. The driver automatically initializes the FPGA modem depending on the requested mode. In order to keep the resident memory footprint small (approx 20kBytes plus standard system shared libraries like libc), the initialization code is contained in a shared library called baycomfpga_init.so . This driver is able to automatically attach itself to the kernel network stack as a network interface (usually called ax0). To do this it requires the Linux Kernel MKISS driver (enable CONFIG_MKISS). OPTIONS
baycomepp accepts the following options: -h --help Display an overview of the available command line parameters and exit. -v --verbose Increases the verbosity of the output. May be cumulated. -p --port Specifies the base address of the EPP capable parallel port to which the modem is connected. Use the 0x prefix to specify hexadecimal numbers. -m --mode Specifies various ``firmware'' options. -n --no-daemon Do not start up in background as a daemon. Also log received and transmitted packets to stdout. -l --log Log to syslog. -k --kill Kill running baycomepp daemons. Don't start the driver proper. --epp Start up in EPP FSK mode. Requires the FPGA version. --eppafsk Start up in EPP AFSK mode. Requires the FPGA version. --ecp Start up in ECP FSK mode. Requires the FPGA version. --eppconv Start up in conventional EPP FSK mode. Requires the conventional version. --ifname Set the name of the interface (requires Linux 2.2.x) --hwaddr Set the hardware address (callsign) of the interface --ipaddr Set the ip address of the interface --netmask Set the netmask of the interface --broadcast Set the broadcast address of the interface FIRMWARE OPTIONS
intclk uses FPGA internal clock; don't use if an external oscillator is on board. extclk uses the external oscillator; recommended if the internal modem is used, as the frequency of the FPGA oscillator is not accurate enough. intmodem uses the internal modem extmodem uses a DF9IC type modem connected to the high speed modem connector divider=x sets the clock divider for the internal modem (baud=fquartz/16/divider) loopback sets an internal modem loopback extstat allows extended status readback noextstat disallows extended status readback SEE ALSO
ifconfig (8), sethdlc (8), AUTHOR
baycomepp was written by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch). BaycomEPP 0.2 13 May 1998 BAYCOMEPP(8)