Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding new groups!!
Operating Systems Solaris Adding new groups!! Post 302092446 by atheek on Monday 9th of October 2006 11:29:12 PM
Old 10-10-2006
thanks a lot!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding user to groups

How do I add a user to a group? And how do I determine the list of groups to add a user? Solaris 10 newbie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peteythapitbull
1 Replies

2. AIX

Where are my groups

Hello A couple of weeks ago, I added a user to an AIX 5.3 system. I go to add one today, and it appears that when creating a user in smit, I cannot see any groups. No primary groups No Group set No Admin Groups The /etc/group and etc/secuity/group files seem to be intact. I did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

groups starting with c2?

I have some groups and when i issue a command like groups $LOGNAME it displays in one line rfautosys c2ru cash2 I want to fetch only group starting with c2 but when i grep i am getting full line. Can someone advise on this please as how i can get output as c2ru? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

4. Solaris

groups

how to create 1000 users in 1 group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
0 Replies

5. Solaris

groups

1 user in member of 4 groups find file permissions and default group (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Groups

Must I be in a group? I am using Ubuntu and am the only user on my PC. I know how to change groups but do not see a way to not be in a group. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthepines
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting in groups

Hi, I am looking at a slightly different sorting problem and I am not sure how to do it in bash. I have the following input: 0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)