Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem while sending mail with attachements Post 302092279 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 8th of October 2006 08:28:12 AM
Old 10-08-2006
Quote:
but i dont think you can attach a file.
no you can...

search the forum please

mailx with attachment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

attachements with mail command

Is there any way to send attachments via "mail" command from the terminal? im writing a simple bash script to send my backups to my email address (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Attachements in Mail (CSHELL)

Hi All, Is there any way we can send attachement in a mail from the script using CSHELL. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfsg24
1 Replies

5. AIX

Problem sending mail

Everytime i try sending mails using the command line have a reply form the daemon saying : ? 1 Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Apr 25 10:42:36 2007 Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: malarie MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netghost
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sending E-Mail

Im having trouble with sending a file with attachment. The attach file wasn't sent to to the recepient. We tested this manually and it works but with the script it doesn't work. I'm thinking there is a problem with the script. Here is the code: mailto=`/dir/dir2/dir3/GET_EMAIL_ADDR.sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iq_zero
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

10. AIX

Mail command to send attachements

I tried the below command uuencode data.txt | mailx -s “Test Mail” “mrp@xyz.com” But I get the below error ksh: uuencode: not found. Null Message body; hope that' ok which clearly tell that uuencode utility is not found. Is there any other way to send attachments with mail through... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
7 Replies
TRANSMISSION-EDIT(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				      TRANSMISSION-EDIT(1)

NAME
transmission-edit -- command-line utility to modify .torrent files' announce URLs SYNOPSIS
transmission-edit [-h] [-a url] [-d url] [-r search replace] torrentfile(s) DESCRIPTION
transmission-edit command-line utility to modify .torrent files' announce URLs OPTIONS
-h --help Show a short help page and exit. -a --add URL Add an announce URL to the torrent's announce-list if it's not already in the list -d --delete URL Remove an announce URL from the torrent's announce-list -r --replace search replace Substring search-and-replace inside a torrent's announce URLs. This can be used to change an announce URL when the tracker moves or your passcode changes. EXAMPLES
Update a tracker passcode in all your torrents: $ transmission-edit -r old-passcode new-passcode ~/.config/transmission/torrents/*.torrent AUTHORS
Jordan Lee SEE ALSO
transmission-create(1), transmission-daemon(1), transmission-edit(1), transmission-gtk(1), transmission-qt(1), transmission-remote(1), transmission-show(1) http://www.transmissionbt.com/ BSD
June 9, 2010 BSD