Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming setuid bit on user + dynamically linked libraries Post 302092227 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 7th of October 2006 11:21:46 AM
Old 10-07-2006
yes upon running ldd, all the libraries that are to be linked are not displayed...

here is the display

note below s-bit on user for bin is not set
Quote:
>ls -l bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 u1 g1 201312 Oct 7 04:42 bin*
displaying the libraries linked below
Quote:
>ldd bin
libifgls.so => /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libifgls.so
libnsl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
libsocket.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
libaio.so.1 => /usr/lib/libaio.so.1
libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
libelf.so.1 => /usr/lib/libelf.so.1
libifglx.so => /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libifglx.so
lib4gsh.so => /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/tools/lib4gsh.so
libcurses.so.1 => /usr/lib/libcurses.so.1
libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1
libmp.so.2 => /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
note below s-bit on user for bin is now set
Quote:
>ls -l bin
-rwsr-xr-x 1 u1 g1 201312 Oct 7 04:42 bin*
displaying the libraries that are currently linked below
Quote:
>ldd bin
libifgls.so => File not found
libnsl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
libsocket.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
libaio.so.1 => /usr/lib/libaio.so.1
libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
libelf.so.1 => /usr/lib/libelf.so.1
libifglx.so => File not found
lib4gsh.so => File not found
libcurses.so.1 => /usr/lib/libcurses.so.1
libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1
libmp.so.2 => /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
hope i have made it clear now

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setuid sticky bit

I have a binary. It is having the following permissions rws rws rwx mqm:mqm runmqtrm The same program on another machine is rws rws rwx root: mqm runmqtrm This program is a setuid program. This is what my understanding is. Whatever user the program is started under, it will finally be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandaru
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically linked file

Hi friends , how do i view a dynamically linked file in unix ? its there on other system and do i have to ftp it in ASCII format or binary ? and after the ftp how do i view it ? thanks in advance veeras (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamically linked file

Hi friends, i have a dynamically linked file on my solaris system.this is script that runs regularly. How can i read the contents of that ? when i tried to say "vi filename " then it says executable and nothing is seen. Please help. thanks in advance Veera (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

4. Programming

dynamically loaded libraries

how to get the list of all dynamically loaded libraries in memory ?thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainshadow
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

setuid bit - error

hi i have written small script which will login 2 two different users with su but if we run from normal user it prompts for password so i chnaged the owner of script to root and added setuid bit with chmod u+s <script_name> but when i run the script i get following message Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO linked libraries

How do i get the list of linked libraries in a built binaries on SCO UNIX. I appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param_it
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setuid & sticky bit

Can anyone explain me difference between setuid and sticky bit? and also between setuid and chown? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

8. Linux

Please explain setuid bit clearly!

Dear all, I am newbie with linux, i dont understand any code. I have googled a long time. Please help me explain about setuid bit on linux (Centos 6) Here: 1/ I chmod u+s for /sbin/iptables but normal user still cannot perform command (ex: /sbin/iptables -L) 2/Someone says : setuid only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a dynamically linked executable file?

So I have a file called queens.cc and I need to do the following: Compile and make a .o file while specifying that the compiler is to search /student/214/include for system include files. Use g++, link and load .o file to make a dynamically linked executable file called queens and to also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What keeps me from abusing setuid(0) and programs with setuid bit set?

Just learning about the privilege escalation method provided by setuid. Correct me if I am wrong but what it does is change the uid of the current process to whatever uid I set. Right ? So what stops me from writing my own C program and calling setuid(0) within it and gaining root privileges ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies
lint(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)