Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting displaying output in a table. Post 302092093 by sanchopansa on Friday 6th of October 2006 11:39:06 AM
Old 10-06-2006
I've tried using awk'{print "port" "process" "files"}' but it is looped like this forever and even if I manage to do this afterwards I can't place the rest of the output on one line.
Is there a way for example of creating a table with awk by specifiying what goes in the fist column, what goes in the second, etc. I've read about the $1, $2, but as far as I understood this works only for formatting the output of a command not for inputting text into columns 1,2, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output from df -k in GB instead of KB

Hello all, Code below: echo "Oracle Filesystems" echo "------------------" echo for j in `df -l -k |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk '{print $1}'` do echo $j is `df -l -k $j |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk -F":" '{print $2}'|awk '{print $1}'` KB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Output in Columns

I'm writing a script to analyze the logs of an smtp relay machine and I'd like the final output to be displayed in columns showing results from the previous day, week, month, and 45 days. The problem I'm running into is that I can't figure out how to display the columns neatly so there is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not displaying output correctly

Hi, I am having an issue with my script, ofcourse... I am trying to run commands against a remote server, I am pulling the hostnames or IPs from a file list, then looping thru and running the date cmd. I will be running different cmds just trying to get it working first. The ouput isn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Parameter value not displaying

Hi all, Below is my shell script that calls a stored procedure(with output parameter) I have tried executing this script but it doesn't display the output parameter value. Can anyone help me ? :( #!/bin/bash ###############################################################################... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saviochacko
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying text from a MySQL table which can be modified

Hi am creating a website for my third year at uni, am trying to create a website where the client can update the content of the site themselves, i will have a news page and i want the content to be draw from my database and displayed on the front end of the site i also want to have an admin side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richeyrich86
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Displaying text from a MySQL table which can be modified

Hi am creating a website for my third year at uni, am trying to create a website where the client can update the content of the site themselves, i will have a news page and i want the content to be draw from my database and displayed on the front end of the site using php, i also want to have an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richeyrich86
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

9. Web Development

PHP table isn't displaying

I have a PHP script which connects to a MySQL database and should output a table in HTML. I have tired to set up a long-polling AJAX script to poll my PHP script every second. It seems to work based on what I can see in my browser debugger, however the table isn't showing on the page. Can anybody... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadinetcat
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies
BEL(1)                                                                                                                                      BEL(1)

NAME
bel - open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines SYNOPSIS
bel [-e file] [-s file] [-d delay] DESCRIPTION
bel generates a script allowing the user to open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines. In order to generate the script, the user gives the paths to the different machines until the final one is reached. Several paths may be specified in a single entry file or through the standard input. OPTIONS
-e, --entree=FILE Provide the necessary information to establish the tunnel between the source and the final computer. -s, --repertoire-sortie=DIRECTORY The directory where you want to put the generated scripts. -d, --delai=SECONDS Delay to wait before each sent command, in seconds. AUTHOR
Carl Chenet <chaica@ohmytux.com[]> RESSOURCES
Belier homepage : http://www.ohmytux.com/belier LICENSE
Copyright (C) <2009> <Carl Chenet>This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 05/16/2009 BEL(1)