Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: maillog extract
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users maillog extract Post 302091831 by RTM on Thursday 5th of October 2006 10:24:10 AM
Old 10-05-2006
Try looking at your sendmail configuration - on Sept 27, the mail is being sent to a relay. On the 30th, it doesn't show that at all.

/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null may give you a clue. Also check if any of your config files were changed between the 27th and 30th (config files may be in /etc/mail/).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

maillog - Error Message

dear expert Im using shell script to send mail from unix server. My script like below: #! /bin/sh -f # Set necessary variables #export PATH #PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/contrib/bin PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:$PATH; export PATH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only filename

Hi, I want to display only the file names of the ls command with a delimiter of comma. For example:- ls /etc/dir/N* gives the following output /etc/dir/N1 /etc/dir/N2 /etc/dir/N3 I want the output as N1,N2,N3,-->Here i need the final comma also. Also, here /etc/dir is being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

maillog errrors

Watching my maillog this morning i have discovered some errors but I cant track down whats causing them. Jun 16 11:04:12 ws096 sendmail: m5GExW7e006613: Milter (spamass-milter): timeout before data read Jun 16 11:04:12 ws096 sendmail: m5GExW7e006613: Milter (spamass-milter): to error state Jun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to Extract

Hi All, How to extract User,Process Name,Arguments from the output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxww" on Solaris? Please Reply... Thanks In Advance... Harikrishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/log/maillog isn't updating. Postfix related

can someone please help me figure how i can get maillog to start updating again? it just all of a sudden stopped. and postfix isn't writing to it anymore. I'm running a Ubuntu box 8.04 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the value

hi i have a file which has following content: <config> <key>Protocol</key> <value>SIP</value> <config> i want a script which will see the value of Protocol is SIP. Can any one pls help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Flood Messages in maillog

Hi All, I am getting large number of messages in below file /www/wls8/logs/HOSTS/tswebd01-zd01/maillog/maillog In past 24 hours, it has been increased by near to 1 GB. Can somebody help in finding, from where these messages are being generated and how to I stop them ? Same kind of messages... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep out ONLY subject from maillog

I have the following entries in maillog. I need to grep out only the subject part from the following entries. Maillog contain following entries. 2013-11-14 03:30:02 1Vgnd4-001qwZ-36 <= user@domain.com U=user P=local S=9797 id=cd3732bbd0fbda5cb16384bb7d5b465d@localhost.localdomain T="Subject... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter maillog

Hi, I need to take them all fields SendTo and ip address from a file maillog First I look at all emails from containing the empty field. # zcat /var/log/mail/maillog-20140331.server1.gz | grep "from=<>" | awk '{print $6}' > 1.txt output: Mar 30 23:31:24 servidor1 postfix/smtpd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
2 Replies
LDAP2REPOSITORY(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					LDAP2REPOSITORY(1)

NAME
ldap2repository - creating debian repositories cronjob for the GOsa FAI plugin. SYNOPSIS
ldap2repository [-hvnpej] [-c config] [-d outdir] [-r srvroot] [-i interface] [-a arch] [-P proxy] DESCRIPTION
ldap2repository is a script to create the cronjob for the local. debian repositories needed by GOsa FAI plugin. -c LDAP config file (default: /etc/ldap/ldap.conf) -d output dir (default: /etc/gosa/fai) -h display this help and exit -n skip cleanup for mirrors -p show progress in cronjob -v be verbose -i network interface (default: eth0) -j create a new /etc/cron.d/goto-fai-backend -r server root (default: /srv/www) -e ignore small errors -a processor architecture (default: i386) -P proxy (default: none) BUGS
Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the GOsa mailing list <gosa-devel@oss.gonicus.de> or to <https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
This code is part of GOsa (<http://www.gosa-project.org>) Copyright (C) 2005-2006 Jan-Marek Glogowski <glogow@fbihome.de> 2007-2010 The GOsa project <gosa-devel@oss.gonicus.de> This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. perl v5.10.0 2010-05-19 LDAP2REPOSITORY(1)