Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem running plsql & unix commands in 1 script Post 302091789 by siog on Thursday 5th of October 2006 07:01:12 AM
Old 10-05-2006
I have taken out the "exit 0" line and it still gives me the same result. It stops right after the unld_date.sql and doesn't execute the rest. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling plsql function in a unix script

Could anyone please help me. I have a function in plsql that returns a number. But i am listing some records through that function using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE. I want to catch those records by executing this function through a unix script. The following shows what i did echo "Connected from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

2. Programming

Running UNIX Commands from C

Hi, -How can I get number of files, cpu usage (percentage), memory usage, disk usage, ...etc, using C program ... I can use unix command ( system(command) )but I want the value to be returned back to my C program to use it in my code? How can I do that? Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

4. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

5. Programming

running PLSQL scripts through shell script

I am running the following ealth checks on my server there are two databases in my server . MODEL1 and MODEL2 i connect with the first database as sqlplus model1/password Then i exceute a query select x from table (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands in a perl script

Executing two unix commads via perl script one after another e.g: make clean bsub -i -q short make have tried using exec but the second command doesnt executes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajroshan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from plsql script to unix bash?

Hi This is my bash script.i am calling validation.sql and passing a value to it using ${flds}. i want the cnt variable in plsql script to be passed to unix. LOADREC=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USR <<-EOF spool $ORACLE_LOG_FILE; echo "barani" @validation.sql #calling the plsql script ${flds}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running db2 commands in awk

Hi , I am trying to use the below in awk but failed, any one assist please, awk '{ print $0; if ( $0 ~ /LOADTMP1/ ) { print $4; Table_name=system($( db2 -x "SELECT TRIM(TD.BSCHEMA) || '.' || TRIM(TD.BNAME) AS TABLE_NAME FROM SYSCAT.TABDEP TD WHERE TD.BTYPE='T' AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies
DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)							 1							 DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)

db2_num_fields - Returns the number of fields contained in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_num_fields (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Returns the number of fields contained in a result set. This is most useful for handling the result sets returned by dynamically generated queries, or for result sets returned by stored procedures, where your application cannot otherwise know how to retrieve and use the results. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid statement resource containing a result set. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer value representing the number of fields in the result set associated with the specified statement resource. Returns FALSE if the statement resource is not a valid input value. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Retrieving the number of fields in a result set The following example demonstrates how to retrieve the number of fields returned in a result set. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $sql); db2_execute($stmt, $sql); $columns = db2_num_fields($stmt); echo "There are {$columns} columns in the result set."; ?> The above example will output: There are 4 columns in the result set. SEE ALSO
db2_execute(3), db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_NUM_FIELDS(3)