Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to SAN
Operating Systems Solaris Connecting to SAN Post 302091549 by BG_JrAdmin on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 02:46:15 PM
Old 10-03-2006
Connecting to SAN

I am about to attempt to connect my sun 280R boxes to a EMC SAN.
I have Qlogic cards that came from Sun.

I am going to load traffic manager, navisphere client.
what else do i need, sun foundation suite ro somehting?

This is the first time ive ever connected to a SAN.

any help would be appreciated, i have no clue what im doing, LOL..

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is SAN

Hello all, I have looked at the entire posting that have SAN in it and I'm still fuzzy on how SAN works. I understand that every disk array can be access from any server that needs it, but is there software that is install or NFS mount type situation. One post stated that if your format command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
7 Replies

2. AIX

San:

hi We have 2 AIX nodes running with HACMP and all of them connected to SAN, Our shared storage is shark; I need to create shared volume group and I need the HACMP take a ware of it. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h2aix
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

4. AIX

san lv showing old fs

Hi All, I have been working with two AIX with san and this is the first I got this minor problem on my third AIX. The san/hdisk was recreated so many times because of this problem. When I created a new vg and fs. The fs will be mounted/unmounted properly but if I query the fs on a vg with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Linux

Linux on SAN

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size on the LUN on a SAN and make the Linux kernel understand the changes without restarting? In the past it has always been rebooted to see the new values but im sure that there is a way now for the lvm to see the Free PE in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ark
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting off of a SAN

Hello, I'm posting this in the "Unix for Dummies" forum, since it is more of a theoretical question than an exact problem/fix I'm inquiring about. I have a SunFire T2000 server with 4 internal hard drives, running Solaris 10. (So far so good :) The company just purchased a large EMC SAN. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. AIX

SAN Migration

Hi all, We are migrating our SAN storage from HSV360 to 3PAR. The system runs aix 6.1 version with HACMP. Please let me know what are requirements from OS side and how are the data copied to the new disks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Connecting to SAN storage - whats need to be done ?

hi all, I am on solaris 10 1/13 and new to SAN storage. I am required to connect to the LUNs on the SAN storage and is asked to provide the WWN information to the storage administrator. Right now, it will be just 1 connection from a single hba port to the FCport on the storage directly,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
ISP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ISP(4)

NAME
isp -- Qlogic based SCSI and FibreChannel SCSI Host Adapters SYNOPSIS
isp* at pci? dev? function? (PCI) isp* at sbus? slot ? offset ? (SBus) scsibus* at isp? DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to SCSI or FibreChannel devices. SCSI features include support for Ultra SCSI and wide mode transactions for SCSI, and LVD (for the ISP1080 and ISP1280), Fibre Channel support uses FCP SCSI profile for FibreChannel. and uses Class 3 connections only. Support is available for Public and Pri- vate loops. Command tagging is supported for all (in fact, FibreChannel requires tagging). CONFIGURATION
An optional flags 0x80 appended to the above isp* declarations will disable the download of driver firmware, which means you use whatever firmware is running on the card. If no firmware is running on the card, the driver cannot operate the card. An optional flags 0x40 appended to the above isp* declarations (can be OR'd in with the other config flags option) will keep the driver from looking at device or bus NVRAM settings (this is in case NVRAM is just wrong and you have the card in a platform where it is inconvenient to change NVRAM settings on the card). HARDWARE
Supported cards include: ISP1000 SBus Fast Wide, Ultra Fast Wide cards, Single Ended or Differential cards. PTI SBS440 Performance Technology ISP1000 variants. ISP1020 Qlogic 1020 Fast Wide and Differential Fast Wide PCI cards. ISP1040 Qlogic 1040 Ultra Wide and Differential Ultra Wide PCI cards. PTI SBS450 Performance Technology ISP1040 variants. Qlogic 1240 Qlogic 1240 Dual Bus Ultra Wide and Differential Ultra Wide PCI cards. Qlogic 1080 Qlogic 1280 LVD Ultra2 Wide PCI cards. Qlogic 1280 Qlogic 1280 Dual Bus LVD Ultra2 Wide PCI cards. Qlogic 2100 Qlogic 2100 and 2100A Copper and Optical Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop Qlogic 2102 Qlogic Dual Loop 2100A Optical Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop PCI cards. Qlogic 2200 Qlogic 2200 Copper and Optical Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop PCI cards. Qlogic 2202 Qlogic 2200 Dual Bus Optical Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop PCI cards. Qlogic 2204 Qlogic 2200 Quad Bus Optical Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop PCI cards. Qlogic 2300 Qlogic 2300 2-Gigabit Optical Fibre Channel PCI cards. Qlogic 2312 Qlogic 2300 2-Gigabit Dual Channel Optical Fibre Channel PCI cards. PTI SBS470 Performance Technology ISP2100 variants. Antares P-0033 Antares Microsystems ISP2100 variants. Qlogic 2400 Qlogic 2400 4-Gigabit Optical Fibre Channel PCI cards. Qlogic 2500 Qlogic 2500 8-Gigabit Optical Fibre Channel PCI cards. SEE ALSO
cd(4), intro(4), scsi(4), sd(4), st(4) AUTHORS
The isp driver was written by Matthew Jacob for NASA/Ames Research Center. BUGS
The driver currently ignores some NVRAM settings. The driver currently doesn't do error recovery for timed out commands very gracefully. Sometimes, when booting, the driver gets stuck waiting for the Fibre Channel firmware to tell it that the loop port database is ready. In this case you'll see an announcement that the loop state has a value of 0x1. To unwedge the system, unplug and replug the fibre channel con- nection, or otherwise cause a LIP (Loop Initialization Primitive sequence) - this will kick the firmware into getting unstuck. BSD
June 24, 2009 BSD