Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check status of a PID Post 302091510 by Glenn Arndt on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 12:01:32 PM
Old 10-03-2006
man ksh will give you all the test expressions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check exit status in awk script

Hi, I have a main program which have below lines - awk -f test.awk inputFileName - I wonder how to check status return from awk script. content of awk script: test.awk --- if ( pass validation ) { exit 1 } else { (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check exit status - Expect Script

from my main script, i am calling an expect script. there are a lot of conditions in the Expect script and it can have any exit value based on success or failure of the Expect Script. how can i check the exit status of Expect scritp in the main script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamcool
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check process running Status with PID

Good day I am fairly new to Shell Scripting. I want a script to check if a process is up by checking the process's PID and then return a value for when it's running which would be 0. If it isn't running it should give any other value that 0. Any Help is appreciated Regards (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1nsyz1on
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PID status

Given a PID ( suppose 1356) . How do i tell if its running or not It would be really helpful if you could explain me .. I got this answer from google but i am unable to understand it ********************************************** Use kill() with 0 for the signal number. There are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s)

All, I have to write a script to do the following requirement. There is a file called BUSINESS_DATE.TXT. This file get updated once the oracle partition created. In Oracle, Partition will be created every day. There is a seperate script scheduled to take care ORACLE partition creation. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_mrkg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help....script check status if see something then send email

autorep -m bogus Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status ___________ ________ ___________ ______ ________ ______ bogus --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online Status ______ Online Offline Missing Unqualified The "Status" always "Online". I like create a script execute run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the status of script for every 5 min?

Hi, Can any1 provide the code for my req: I am loading few set of files into database through one unix script. I ll try to describe the process: load_cdr-->main script Source Feeds are A & B. File in A-akm.dat File in B-bkm.dat Now my script runs through cron jobs everyday...and for both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

8. Linux

Check up the status of a Script (running or not)

Hello, i allready search on google und here in the local Forum, but can't found something. I need a query in php, that check whether a process (script) is running or not. Like this: php query: /usr/bin/Script01 >> if runnig, then: "Script01 is Online", if not "Script01 is Offline" I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProTechEx
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check multiple jobs runninng status

Hi Folks, Please help me ,I need a unix shell script to check for multiple jobs running. if there are multiple backup Jobs running then it should be trigger an email . Thanks, Anand T (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nandu67
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check process status

Hi Team, I am using redhat 6.4 version server.We have a script which is used to check the process and sends email if the process is not running.If it is running it will continue and do some other operation. I didnot understand below option -z in the if condition.I have tried to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies
shell_builtins(1)														 shell_builtins(1)

NAME
shell_builtins, case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, while - shell command interpreter built-in commands The shell command interpreters csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1) have special built-in commands. The commands case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, and while are commands in the syntax recognized by the shells. They are described in the Commands section of the manual pages of the respective shells. The remaining commands listed in the table below are built into the shells for reasons such as efficiency or data sharing between command invocations. They are described on their respective manual pages. | Command | Shell alias |csh, ksh bg |csh, ksh, sh break |csh, ksh, sh case |csh, ksh, sh cd |csh, ksh, sh chdir |csh, sh continue |csh, ksh, sh dirs |csh echo |csh, ksh, sh eval |csh, ksh, sh exec |csh, ksh, sh exit |csh, ksh, sh export |ksh, sh false |ksh fc |ksh fg |csh, ksh, sh for |ksh, sh foreach |csh function |ksh getopts |ksh, sh glob |csh goto |csh hash |ksh, sh hashstat |csh history |csh if |csh, ksh, sh jobs |csh, ksh, sh kill |csh, ksh, sh let |ksh limit |csh login |csh, ksh, sh logout |csh, ksh, sh nice |csh newgrp |ksh, sh nohup |csh notify |csh onintr |csh popd |csh print |ksh pushd |csh pwd |ksh, sh read |ksh, sh readonly |ksh, sh rehash |csh repeat |csh return |ksh, sh select |ksh set |csh, ksh, sh setenv |csh shift |csh, ksh, sh source |csh stop |csh, ksh, sh suspend |csh, ksh, sh switch |csh test |ksh, sh time |csh times |ksh, sh trap |ksh, sh true |ksh type |ksh, sh typeset |ksh ulimit |ksh, sh umask |csh, ksh, sh unalias |csh, ksh unhash |csh unlimit |csh unset |csh, ksh, sh unsetenv |csh until |ksh, sh wait |csh, ksh, sh whence |ksh while |csh, ksh, sh Bourne Shell, sh, Special Commands Input/output redirection is now permitted for these commands. File descriptor 1 is the default output location. When Job Control is enabled, additional Special Commands are added to the shell's environment. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, sh also uses: : No effect; the command does nothing. A zero exit code is returned. .filename Read and execute commands from filename and return. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory con- taining filename. C shell, csh Built-in commands are executed within the C shell. If a built-in command occurs as any component of a pipeline except the last, it is exe- cuted in a subshell. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, csh also uses: : Null command. This command is interpreted, but performs no action. Korn Shell, ksh, Special Commands Input/Output redirection is permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, the output is written on file descriptor 1 and the exit status, when there is no syntax error, is zero. Commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, ksh also uses: * : [ arg ... ] The command only expands parameters. * .file [ arg ..Read the complete file then execute the commands. The commands are executed in the current shell environment. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory containing file. If any arguments arg are given, they become the posi- tional parameters. Otherwise, the positional parameters are unchanged. The exit status is the exit status of the last com- mand executed. the loop termination test. intro(1), alias(1), break(1), cd(1), chmod(1), csh(1), echo(1), exec(1), exit(1), find(1), getoptcvt(1), getopts(1), glob(1), hash(1), his- tory(1), jobs(1), kill(1), ksh(1), let(1), limit(1), login(1), logout(1), newgrp(1), nice(1), nohup(1), print(1), pwd(1), read(1), read- only(1), set(1), sh(1), shift(1), suspend(1), test(1B), time(1), times(1), trap(1), typeset(1), umask(1), wait(1), chdir(2), chmod(2), creat(2), umask(2), getopt(3C), profile(4), environ(5) 29 Jun 2005 shell_builtins(1)