Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i add/modify filename after output? Post 302091451 by happyv on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 05:25:17 AM
Old 10-03-2006
thank you...it's work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add or modify if existent

I want to set these params in /etc/system set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2000000000 set shmseg:shminfo_shmseg=200 if this param exists, then I want to modify them if not, I want to add them. I can add them using >>/etc/system but how to do the modify thing? at least I can comment the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a sh script to spool directory and modify the output (Oracle cnt file)

Hi, I'm creating a shell script to dynamically create a recreate controlfile for an Oracle database. I need to read a cold backup file system, and make some changes to these files. Let's say for argument sake the directory name is /ebsprod_c/oradata and it looks like this:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat and output filename

Hi, how I can display a file with cat and printing the filename before each line. e.g. file1 { one two three four five } Output: file1:one file2:two file1:three file1:four file1:five (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmää
12 Replies

4. AIX

find command modify the output

Hello All, I am new to this shell scripting , I wanted to modify the output of my find command such that it does not display the path but only file names , for example I am searching for the files which are modified in the last 24 hours which is find /usr/monitor/text/ -type f -mtime... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to List, Modify, replace filename for an upload?

Hello, here is my problem: I have ma program in a first directory dir1: ls path1/rep1/ file1.f90 file1.f90~ file1.o file2.f90 .... etc... I have modified folder in an other directory: ls path2/rep2/ file1_modified.f90 file2_modified.f90 .... etc... All files from first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadok
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an output?

I have a list XPAR XPAR XPAR , XPAR , , XPAR ,1, XPAR 196 XPAR 95 XPAR 95,77 This has space and tabs on the second row. I would like it to look like XPAR 1, 196, 95, 77 But I always get the below because of the spaces above. , , ,1, 196 95 95,77 I use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka.premra
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies

10. Web Development

Filename output in curl

How can I get the name of the default output filename from curl using the argument -O? Using -o one can choose a filename. I want to get the name of the original file, but don't understand how to get it. curl -o filename http://www.website.com curl -O http://www.website.com The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)											     PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_get_selectable_fd - get a file descriptor on which a select() can be done for a live capture SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_get_selectable_fd(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_get_selectable_fd() returns, on UNIX, a file descriptor number for a file descriptor on which one can do a select() or poll() to wait for it to be possible to read packets without blocking, if such a descriptor exists, or -1, if no such descriptor exists. Some network devices opened with pcap_create() and pcap_activate(), or with pcap_open_live(), do not support select() or poll() (for example, regular network devices on FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4, and Endace DAG devices), so -1 is returned for those devices. Note that in: FreeBSD prior to FreeBSD 4.6; NetBSD prior to NetBSD 3.0; OpenBSD prior to OpenBSD 2.4; Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.7; select() and poll() do not work correctly on BPF devices; pcap_get_selectable_fd() will return a file descriptor on most of those versions (the exceptions being FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4), but a simple select() or poll() will not indicate that the descriptor is readable until a full buffer's worth of packets is received, even if the read timeout expires before then. To work around this, an application that uses select() or poll() to wait for packets to arrive must put the pcap_t in non-blocking mode, and must arrange that the select() or poll() have a timeout less than or equal to the read timeout, and must try to read packets after that timeout expires, regardless of whether select() or poll() indicated that the file descriptor for the pcap_t is ready to be read or not. (That workaround will not work in FreeBSD 4.3 and later; however, in FreeBSD 4.6 and later, select() and poll() work correctly on BPF devices, so the workaround isn't necessary, although it does no harm.) Note also that poll() doesn't work on character special files, including BPF devices, in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, so, while select() can be used on the descriptor returned by pcap_get_selectable_fd(), poll() cannot be used on it those versions of Mac OS X. Kqueues also don't work on that descriptor. poll(), but not kqueues, work on that descriptor in Mac OS X releases prior to 10.4; poll() and kqueues work on that descriptor in Mac OS X 10.6 and later. pcap_get_selectable_fd() is not available on Windows. RETURN VALUE
A selectable file descriptor is returned if one exists; otherwise, -1 is returned. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), select(2), poll(2) 5 April 2008 PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)