Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using fmli to create menu's
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using fmli to create menu's Post 302091151 by craigmckeeman on Friday 29th of September 2006 10:57:40 AM
Old 09-29-2006
The Host.data file has something simular to ;

Host01
Host02
Host03
Host04
Hostnn

the $ARG1 will either be "Build", "FTP" or "Release", and is used to be passed through as an argument for Menu.Login.mnu

$m0 will just be the values of Host.data file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using CD command in fmli

I was not able to use "cd" command in fmli....can anyone help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Claude
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fmli Signal/trap

Does anyone know how to program signals in fmli? My fmli script goes in loop when the telnet session is closed. When I start the script from the prompt the issue do not happen. But when it is started by the login process it hags. That's why I want to program the SIGHUP to exit/finish the script.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcos Brito
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fmli functions?

Hi all I am trying to create a Form that takes a user entered Directory name and if the Directory does not exist then I create it. I have managed to set the descriptor done=`mkdir "$F1";update` to make the directory but really require the form done to run a function that will have the steps; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigmckeeman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using fmli to create menu's

I am currently having a problem creating a dynamic Menu that reads in from a file and appends this Menu list with an exit menu item. the syntax I am using to create the dynamic Menu is menu="$ARG1 Host names" `cat Hosts.data | regex '^(''.*)$0$' ' name="$m0" action=open Menu.Login.mnu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigmckeeman
0 Replies

5. Programming

FMLI on Suse

Anyone knows a FMLI package for Suse? I have bunch of screens, menu and lists on FMLI and, as much as I know, There is no FMLI facility on Suse. Any better suggestion than converting all of them in Shell script? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcos Brito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone show me how to create a menu?

Can someone show me how to create a menu? I want a script someone who is not unix literate can use, with some simple commands like ls -al a directory or find files based on a date, does anyone know how to make a simple menu ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Do I Create A Multi Line Menu Variable?

I want something that would show up basically like: Menu ----- 1) Option 1 2) Option 2 3) Option 3 Pick one: I tried menu = " Menu \r\n ----- \r\n 1)Option 1 \r\n..............etc etc etc" but that didnt work (just got the whole menu one one line, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to create a menu.lst for Solaris 11 Express, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Windows Vista

I have partitioned and installed Windows Vista, OpenSUSE and Solaris 11 Express on a LapTop hardDrive. However I am not able to boot OpenSUSE 11.3 although I have it in menu.lst which I put in a Solaris partition directory /rpool/boot/grub. Could someone tell me how to go about it. See what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies
alacarte(1)							   User Commands						       alacarte(1)

NAME
alacarte - GNOME Menu Editor SYNOPSIS
alacarte [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
alacarte provides a usable GUI for the users to easily add menu items, remove menu items, or otherwise modify the GNOME main menu. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/alacarte Executable for GNOME Menu Editor ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-menu-editor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-panel(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Irene Huang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 07 Nov 2007 alacarte(1)