Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where to grow up?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Where to grow up? Post 302091125 by movx on Friday 29th of September 2006 07:50:04 AM
Old 09-29-2006
Where to grow up?

Hi, all!

I've been working for one year as a Unix systems engineer(Solaris) in a large company.
Two days ago I found, that I didn't exactly know where should I grow up?
I can't drop this idea away and I'm still thinking about it. I'm trying to imagine myself in a next year.
Available positions are:
1. became a pre-sale(Sun, IBM, HP RISC-servers and data storages).
2. became a systems engineer in high-performance computers(clusters) in another company.
3. keep my position

Now I feel tired of my business trips. I don't like to fly somewhere every month.
Which position is better and more perspective? Where can I find better salary?

Any advice will be welcomed. Sorry for my English Smilie

Best regards,
movx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

grow /var size how

Hi all, I am using SLES 9 and have following partitions mounted I would like to make /var 10G atleast. fdisk -l This system is doing RAID5(HW). Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

2. Solaris

grow filesystem

Hi, how to grow a filesystem when the 2 disks are mirrored using hardware RAID? Only 100G out of 136G is used for now. I would like to increase one of the slices by adding the 36G of space. Pls assist. I only know of using growfs on mirrored disks using SVM.(soft mirror) (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

3. Solaris

resize / and grow swap

Hi, this is solaris 10 on sparc sf280r, 2 disks mirrored using SVM, swap is 4GB (slice 1) and rest all is given for / (slice0) in 36G disk. I have already mirrored disks using SVM, for clear picture, I'm pasting some part of config below, # Slice 0 metainit -f d110 1 1 c1t0d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to Grow the Size of volume

I have a 146Gb drive and want to grow the size from 12G to the max available left. I think 20G is being used so I want to max out from 12 G to 126G. Is this possible? Can you help with the command. root@WRPDWI6k-BU # df -h Filesystem size used avail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udubya
3 Replies

5. AIX

Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 box. It's initial size is 250GB, I just grew it on the SAN to 300GB, but AIX is not seeing the change. Right now I have some processes going and it's eating up the disk space. I need to grow this lun by atleast 30GB otherwise the process with bomb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

How to grow an EBS Array at AWS

This process was collected by trial and error (mostly error) since most of the documents I found on the 'net were incomplete. The cookbook/walkthrough on how to grow an Array on EBS at AWS... # walkthrough by John Jones (jjones at cirrhus9 dot com) umount /dev/md0 mdadm --stop /dev/md0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to grow my files System?

Dear Gurus of Unix. When I Put this command: # iostat -E cmdk0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Model: SAMSUNG SV4012H Revision: Serial No: 0540J1BTC53208 Size: 40.06GB <40060403712 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0 Illegal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Grow / expand a ZFS volume

Hi, I need to expand a ZFS volume from 500GB to 800GB. I'd like to ask your help to confirm the following procedure: Can I do it on the fly without bothering the users working on this volume? Thank you in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. Solaris

No swap space to grow stack

Dear Solaris Experts, I had a Problem with swap consumption in our Production server. I found error message in /var/adm/message: Aug 1 10:55:40 production genunix: WARNING: Sorry, no swap space to grow stack for pid 29716 (oracle) What should I do for temporary solution? I need no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalieXXzs SzabieXX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Time::Seconds(3pm)