Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how other user cannot read my script? Post 302091029 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of September 2006 02:03:24 PM
Old 09-28-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdo88
user vi -x to create the file then you have to provide an encription key (password) to read it..
which version of vi is this? mine doesn't have it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getline to read input from a user

Hi, The gcc compiler has warned about using gets(), so I've been trying my hand at getline. Problem is that I've been able to read from a file, but what I really need is to read from a user's input. I want to use getline like a scanf() command, but I can't figure what to substitute for the fp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specifying read on dir user?

If I have a number of users all in the same group. How do I give read only access to some of them on everyone elses home directory. Is it possible if they are all in the same group?? So user1,2,3,4 can have read/execute on user1-5 home directory, but user5 can only read only have read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sniff
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash piped while-read and a read user input at the same time

Hi I am new to writing script and want to use a Bash Piped while-read and read from user input. if something happens on server.log then do while loop or if something happend on user input then do while loop. Pseudocode something like: tail -n 3 -f server.log | while read serverline || read... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Only user in Vsftpd

HI I have set up vsftp on my Red hat server. Chroot has been set up to control access to each user and folder directories. This all works fine. But i have one directory where i want to chroot but ensure that the ftp access is read only. Any help appreciated thanks Treds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to read user input

I am creating a bash that uses perl . The below code closes before the input is entered. If I run the perl as a .pl it is fine. What am I doing wrong? Thank you :). #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/data/getCSV.csv print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other user should not read the file but can execute

Hi, I have one script for which I want that other user should not read the script file but can execute. Is there any method ? I tried by giving 711 but it gives Permission denied to other users. For Generic User id as a work around , I have created alias in .bashrc file and other user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the USER Quota in SSH

How the User Quota query from an SSH access to Linux Shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)