Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to use lp to print html files ? Post 302090851 by KingOfHearts on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 05:10:50 PM
Old 09-27-2006
How to use lp to print html files ?

If I try using lp to print html files (being generated by our application) to a regular print queue all it prints is the code.
How can I print the generated html as the user would see in a browser using lp ?
TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of html files

Hello to all! I'm really new of this, i don't know unix so i have to ask a stupid question for you but important for me. I need to know how many files .html there are on a unix server on a specified folder (and of course on their subfolders). The same command in DOS is dir *.html /s. Can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuseppe74
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compress html files

Hello, On a Centos 5.0 server, Apache 2.2 delivers static html page. How could I compress those html pages to gain speed and save bandwidth? is there a utility that would be effective and save? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Concat of two html files

By launching two SQL scripts I get two html files report_1.html and report_2.html with different background and text colors (white/blue for the former and silver/black for the latter) but if I try to concat the two html by using the CAT function on UNIX Server where Oracle is installed (cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark1970
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a lot of html files

Hello, I have about 3400 files in a tree structure (about 80% are html files). 1. I need to modify every html file to remove <p> style and old things like font attribute and add another style. 2. I need to change the root of all links that are in the html. e.g. change /old/path/ to /new/path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yaazkal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a html tag and print the entire tag

I want to print from <fruits> to </fruits> tag which have <fruit> as mango. Also i want both <fruits> and </fruits> in output. Please help eg. <fruits> <fruit id="111">mango<fruit> . another 20 lines . </fruits> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashik409
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Value between desired html tag

Hi, I have a html line as below :-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print content between two html tags

Hi Expert, Is there any other way to print and write to a same filename the content between two html tags? Here the sample: cat file.html <div id="outline"> hello world<br> </div> <div id="container_faq"> test1<br> </div> <div class="widget_quick"> thead test<br> </div> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How to join several HTML files?

Hello I need to merge several HTML files into one and possibly convert it to ".rtf" All files are in the same folder. The files contain Links I need to keep Any hints? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Etnad
4 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)