Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help in Regular Expression Post 302090578 by mahabunta on Tuesday 26th of September 2006 01:27:31 PM
Old 09-26-2006
Need help in Regular Expression

I have a file with data that looks like -

record nullable { final_delim=end ,delim="~%%~" ,quote=none }
(
1_UPC:string[13];
2_QUANTITY:string[7];
)

I want to fetch the first column that starts with integer. e.g - 1_UPC, 2_QUANTITY.

I tried "awk -F ":" -v var1="^0-9" '$1==var1' inschemafile". It is not recognising regular expression. What should I do to get the column?
Any help is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Programming

What does the regular expression ['(^[^~]+~).*'] mean?

What does the regular expression +~).*'] mean while using it with regexec.When the string "RCHNUSNT35C~rs07/ASM-RS07" is used with the regular expression +~).*'] regexec gives an error. I know what regexec does,but i do not understand what this expression means wrt to this string... any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamar
2 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with regular expression

I currently list and sort all the files in a directory which begin with an Upper Case C and end with the extension '#finished#'. Here is the command I use: ls -tr $currentDir/*.#finished# what i need to do now is list all the files in a directory that begin with upper case C and end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkgudde
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression help

Hi, I am quite knew to scripting and I am trying to get a regular expression to work to check that a user enters a valid version number such as 1 or 1.1 or 12.3 etc. I dont seem to be able to get it to work as it picks up versions such as 1.......2. I only want it to work with a single dot.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: frodo61
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Can someone please explain me what does this mean? ^{1,50}$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I would like to extract "JDBC Thin Client" from (PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client); and "C:\Python26\python.exe" from (PROGRAM=C:\Python26\python.exe); "txm_v_awsrf_db.pr" from (PROGRAM=txm_v_awsrf_db.pr). if input line like "(PROGRAM=)", it return unknown. Would you help suggest a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies
DB2_COLUMNS(3)								 1							    DB2_COLUMNS(3)

db2_columns - Returns a result set listing the columns and associated metadata for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_columns (resource $connection, [string $qualifier], [string $schema], [string $table-name], [string $column-name]) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the columns and associated metadata for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema which contains the tables. To match all schemas, pass '%'. o $table-name - The name of the table or view. To match all tables in the database, pass NULL or an empty string. o $column-name - The name of the column. To match all columns in the table, pass NULL or an empty string. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the columns matching the specified parameters. The rows are com- posed of the following columns: +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | Name of the catalog. The value is NULL if this | | | table does not have catalogs. | | | | | TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema. | | | | | TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table or view. | | | | | COLUMN_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the column. | | | | | DATA_TYPE | | | | | | | The SQL data type for the column represented as | | | an integer value. | | | | | TYPE_NAME | | | | | | | A string representing the data type for the col- | | | umn. | | | | | COLUMN_SIZE | | | | | | | An integer value representing the size of the | | | column. | | | | | BUFFER_LENGTH | | | | | | | Maximum number of bytes necessary to store data | | | from this column. | | | | | DECIMAL_DIGITS | | | | | | | The scale of the column, or NULL where scale is | | | not applicable. | | | | | NUM_PREC_RADIX | | | | | | | An integer value of either 10 (representing an | | | exact numeric data type), 2 (representing an | | | approximate numeric data type), or NULL (repre- | | | senting a data type for which radix is not appli- | | | cable). | | | | | NULLABLE | | | | | | | An integer value representing whether the column | | | is nullable or not. | | | | | REMARKS | | | | | | | Description of the column. | | | | | COLUMN_DEF | | | | | | | Default value for the column. | | | | | SQL_DATA_TYPE | | | | | | | An integer value representing the size of the | | | column. | | | | |SQL_DATETIME_SUB | | | | | | | Returns an integer value representing a datetime | | | subtype code, or NULL for SQL data types to which | | | this does not apply. | | | | |CHAR_OCTET_LENGTH | | | | | | | Maximum length in octets for a character data | | | type column, which matches COLUMN_SIZE for sin- | | | gle-byte character set data, or NULL for non- | | | character data types. | | | | |ORDINAL_POSITION | | | | | | | The 1-indexed position of the column in the ta- | | | ble. | | | | | IS_NULLABLE | | | | | | | A string value where 'YES' means that the column | | | is nullable and 'NO' means that the column is not | | | nullable. | | | | +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_special_columns(3), db2_statistics(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_COLUMNS(3)