Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting certain files over 30 days old Post 302090552 by swellybro on Tuesday 26th of September 2006 11:17:55 AM
Old 09-26-2006
Hi,

Thankyou for your speedy reply,

Yes we remove the same files every month for example

hac001_runnumber.lis
hft987_runnumber.lis

but the run numbers change each time

we then compress the remaining files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files created before two days ago

Dear All: I want to build a shell that delete files created two or more days ago ... I think it could be built using a special command with ls or grep, I'd apreciate any help from you guys I have a lot of log files from november, december, january and this tool will help me a lot The files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files over 7 days old

Simple question I am sure - but one that I dont know the answer to nevertheless.. I have a directory that I store log files in - but I wish to run a daily script in cron to delete all files in this directory that have not been modified within the last 7 days... Can anyone help me? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific files greater then 90 days

I have a directory that contains a number of history files for a process. Every file starts with the string "EVACK". FOr example EVACK0101.000001 EVACK0102.095940 EVACKmmdd.hhmiss I want to erase in the specific directory ONLY(no sub-directories) all EVACK files older then 90 days. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting 30 days older

Hi, I need a script to delete files that are 30 days older and also the file name should contain aa or ab or ac as substring... Regards, Dolly.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting specfic files older than N days

Hello, I am trying to delete specific files older than 7 days that start with FSTRnnnn (nnnn=sequnce number) from /home/users/userdir I.E cd home/users/userdir ll FSTR0001 Jul 8 14:20 FSTR0002 Jul 6 12:01 FSTR0003 May 25 09:45 FSTR0004 April 2 17:20 MSTR0034 Jul 6 12:45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

9. AIX

Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

Hi In my aix server under the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract", I have a lot of log files. I need a script which is to be added in crontab so that the files and directories older than 14 days should get deleted automatically from the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract". Please advise me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

we need to have periodic clean up implemented in our sap directory \\sapds\PR1\int\scm\snp\outbound\snapshot. which needs unix script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically in sap system unix os. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkreddy_b2w
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
       dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories

SYNOPSIS
       dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any
       symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files.

By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info,
       usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files,
       and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath
       usr/share/fonts/X11/

FILES
       debian/package.compress
	   These files are deprecated.

If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell
	   script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a
	   much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to.

OPTIONS
       -Xitem, --exclude=item
	   Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from
	   compression.  You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude.

-A, --all
	   Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on.

file ...
	   Add these files to the list of files to compress.

CONFORMS TO
       Debian policy, version 3.0

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							    DH_COMPRESS(1)