Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automatic disk labeling
Operating Systems Solaris Automatic disk labeling Post 302090463 by blowtorch on Monday 25th of September 2006 10:21:21 PM
Old 09-25-2006
Hi kwachtler,
Thanks for sharing the code. I have just one suggestion, when you do post any code, please wrap that inside code tags. First put in [ code ], then your code, and then [ /code ]. Remove the spaces in the [] brackets though.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on a Sun Solaris. Is there anybode around who can help me with such a script? Norbert (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfbeerse
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automatic monitor disk-space

Hello, I am trying to find a shell script to monitor diskspace of all the directories in the server. When the script encounteres a disk which above the treashold, I want an email notification. My system runs on AIX. Is there anybody around who can help me with such a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuradha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numerical Labeling using sed

Hi, I have been working on this problem, but could only get so far. I have a file that looks like this (cat,chimp,(((dog,cat,cow),orangutan),((horse,((cat,dog),(cow,pig))),cat,mouse,rat))); I would like after each instance of the word 'cat' to have an incrementing numerical label. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Labeling VTOC

How to relabeling the disk VTOC if i relabel the disk the previous data is available or not (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu.bezawada
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Labeling/Punctuation Syntax Question

Greetings! My first PHP question; and, no doubt, a "no-brainer" for the initiated :) The question centers around the proper syntax for input field labeling. The snippet which puzzles me (and the candidate which I wish to modify) goes like this:<?php _e('Hello World'); ?>:<br />What I'd like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

6. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
code(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   code(n)

NAME
code - capture the namespace context for a code fragment SYNOPSIS
code ?-namespace name? command ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
Creates a scoped value for the specified command and its associated arg arguments. A scoped value is a list with three elements: the "@scope" keyword, a namespace context, and a value string. For example, the command namespace foo { code puts "Hello World!" } produces the scoped value: @scope ::foo {puts {Hello World!}} Note that the code command captures the cur- rent namespace context. If the -namespace flag is specified, then the current context is ignored, and the name string is used as the namespace context. Extensions like Tk execute ordinary code fragments in the global namespace. A scoped value captures a code fragment together with its namespace context in a way that allows it to be executed properly later. It is needed, for example, to wrap up code fragments when a Tk widget is used within a namespace: namespace foo { private proc report {mesg} { puts "click: $mesg" } button .b1 -text "Push Me" -command [code report "Hello World!"] pack .b1 } The code fragment associated with button .b1 only makes sense in the context of namespace "foo". Furthermore, the "report" procedure is private, and can only be accessed within that namespace. The code command wraps up the code fragment in a way that allows it to be executed properly when the button is pressed. Also, note that the code command preserves the integrity of arguments on the command line. This makes it a natural replacement for the list command, which is often used to format Tcl code fragments. In other words, instead of using the list command like this: after 1000 [list puts "Hello $name!"] use the code command like this: after 1000 [code puts "Hello $name!"] This not only formats the command cor- rectly, but also captures its namespace context. Scoped commands can be invoked like ordinary code fragments, with or without the eval command. For example, the following statements work properly: set cmd {@scope ::foo .b1} $cmd configure -background red set opts {-bg blue -fg white} eval $cmd configure $opts Note that scoped commands by-pass the usual protection mechanisms; the command: @scope ::foo {report {Hello World!}} can be used to access the "foo::report" proc from any namespace context, even though it is private. KEYWORDS
scope, callback, namespace, public, protected, private itcl 3.0 code(n)