Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Folder permission denied
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Folder permission denied Post 302090451 by trivektor on Monday 25th of September 2006 07:36:07 PM
Old 09-25-2006
Folder permission denied

Hi,

I tried to create a new folder inside a folder A but was given an error "Permission denied". Any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)