Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories Post 302090372 by igidttam on Monday 25th of September 2006 09:55:11 AM
Old 09-25-2006
list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories

I need to find the largest files in a directory & it's subdirectories.
I'm not sure what options on ls -l will work to give me this. or is there another way to do this?
Thanks,
igidttam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

find the 5o largest files in a directory

I'm trying to find the 50 largest file in a directory named /sasdb and its' subdirectories. I'm using the find command and a pipe to awk Not sure if I'm actually getting the largest files from this directory and its subdirectories. Here is the code I used... find /sasdb -ls | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files in a directory and its subdirectories

Hello my friends, I need to write a simple shell bad file :D that search and delete a file it's name 'Microsoft.txt' in the current directory and its subdirectories? So can you help to guide me how i can write this shell, Just give me the beginning :o thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Net-Man
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the list of 5 largest file in current directory?

Hello, How to find the list of 5 largest(size wise) file in current directory?i tried using ls -l | sort -t " " -r +5 -6 -n | head -5 but this is not giving correct output as ls -l command gives 1 extra line of output that is how many total files are there!so by running the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to find largest files in a directory

What is the best way to find the largest files in a directory? I used du -k|sort -rn |less. I got a results for this. But if I used the following command , I got another result...a different order in the same directory. Why is that? ls -la |awk '{print $5," ",$9}' sort -rn|less. I saw that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list largest files

hi all, i want to list the five largest files in current directory ... . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search & list subdirectories with the given file name

Question: How to search & list subdirectories with the given file name? For example: The directory structure looks like; /Builds/DEV/Build_RL01/DDL/ a_tbl_cre.sql ...... /Builds/DEV/Build_RL01/DML/ a_upd.sql .... .... Requirements: 1. I need to find subdirectory DML which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory?

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
ACINCLUDE(1)								GPL							      ACINCLUDE(1)

NAME
acinclude - manual page for ac-archive 0.5.39 SYNOPSIS
acinclude [OPTIONS] ... DESCRIPTION
Generate `acinclude.m4' by scanning `configure.ac' or `configure.in' --acdir=DIR directory holding subdirectories with config files --help print this help, then exit -I DIR add directory to superdir search list for .m4 files . add current directory as superdir to searchlist which is the default if no -I option was given. --output=FILE put output in FILE (default acinclude.m4) --print-ac-dir print name of directory with subdirs holding m4 files --verbose don't be silent --version print version number, then exit Note that unlike aclocal the subdirectories (!!) of the acdir-path are searched for files - the default will find locals as ./*/*.m4 and always search for ac-macros installed as share/aclocal/*/*.m4 which may include the macros from ac-archive or from packages that chose to install multiple files into a subdirectory of share/aclocal. The tool will warn at unresolved symbols starting with AX_ just as the original aclocal program did warn at unresolved macros with AC_. AUTHOR
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> modified for acinclude by Guido Draheim <guidod@gmx.de> (C) 2001 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs with original aclocal to <bug-automake@gnu.org>. Report problems with acinclude to <ac-archive-list@sourceforge.net>. Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for the ac-macros handled with acinclude is maintained as m4 source and converted to html pages which get installed in doc/ac-archive subdirectories in the filesystem at your site. Have a look. ac-archive 0.5.39 January 2003 ACINCLUDE(1)