Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat 9 Force full duplex
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat 9 Force full duplex Post 302090364 by zazzybob on Monday 25th of September 2006 09:00:51 AM
Old 09-25-2006
Can you execute

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

then post the output of

ethtool eth0

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure Full Duplex and TCP/IP

We are using ZIX 4.3.3 and we need to configure the NIC for ful duplexing and we also need to configure it for a TCP/IP default gateway and DNS server to acccess the Interent. Can you please tell me the commands and procedures for configuring this? Thanks Marc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc3483
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full duplex at HUB?

Ok at the moment I have a hub whit 5 computers connected to it. It's a 10/100 NetGear hub. Ok I heard that there is some command I can run or a file I edit or something like that. But what the command/file/script/whatever does is tells you what connect speed it's connecting to the hub to. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Duplex Howto

Dear Members, I was reading a few posts and saw something about installing two Nics so one could use Full Duplex. I remember back in the day of dial up, you could have two modems and use one for upstream and one for downstream. This was called shotgunning. It seems that you can now do the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

4. Programming

full -duplex ?

what is meant by full duplex and half duplex? b'coz in differences b\w hub and switch ,i heard lot this duplex word so please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

100 gigabit full duplex

How can I tell on Solaris 9 sparc if my nics are running 100 gigabit full duplex... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to force a full duplex

I need to change some Ip addresses for my servers to reflect in the NIS map. I also need to force full duplex on the 10/100 cards & 1/2 duplex in the 10 cards. I can change the IP by doing ifconfig <NIC card > plumb up <newip>. Not quite sure on how to force the full / half duplex & how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

7. SuSE

configure full duplex

How do I configure full duplex on suse 8.2 I tried ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off the above works but when I reboot the machine the configure was lost. How do I configure full duplex so that when the machine get rebooted the configuration will stay. My interface... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set full duplex for solaris 5.5

I would like to change half duplex to full duplex on solaris 5.5. I tried with below commands but they didnt work on solaris 5.5. #ndd -set /dev/le adv_100fdx_cap 1 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

100Mb/s full duplex link

Hi, I have been trying to connect two computers directly through their LAN cards. One is a 3com 3c905c 10/100 Mbit/s card and the other is an Intel i217-lm 10/100/1000Mbit/s card. I have connected them through a CAT 6 cable. Whenever autoneg is turned on, the PCs connect in the 10Mb/s mode, and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies
IFNDP-PROXY(5)						       Network configuration						    IFNDP-PROXY(5)

NAME
ifndp-proxy[-<interface name>] - IPv6 NDP and IPv4 ARP proxy entries SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifndp-proxy /etc/sysconfig/network/ifndp-proxy-<interface name> DESCRIPTION
These files contain IPv6 NDP and IPv4 ARP proxy settings, that should be applied using the ip neigh add proxy command documented in the ip(8) manual page that provides a common interface for IPv4 and IPv6. The NDP/ARP proxy is required, e.g. when IP addresses from the same subnet have to be used on the interface of the host as well as on interfaces behind a (tunnel) interface and using a bridge is not an option. Don't forget to enable forwarding and the NDP/ARP proxy by setting net.ipv6.conf.<all|default|interface name>.proxy_ndp = 1 net.ipv6.conf.<all|default|interface name>.forwarding = 1 and/or net.ipv4.conf.<all|default|interface name>.proxy_arp = 1 net.ipv4.conf.<all|default|interface name>.forwarding = 1 or net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 either as global all setting in the /etc/sysctl.conf file or using the ifsysctl(5) files, that allow per-interface setup. Forwarding can be also enabled in the /etc/sysconfig/sysctl file using the IP_FORWARD and IPV6_FORWARD variables. The proxy entries are added and deleted using the if-{up|down}.d/ndp-proxy script, every time after an involved interface has been set up or down. SYNTAX
The format of the ifndp-proxy file is: <address> <address interface> <proxy interface list> The format of the ifndp-proxy-<address interface> file is same to above, but allows also to omit the address interface by using a "-" as placeholder inside of the file, because it is already available in the file name: <address> <address interface | -> <proxy interface list> Lines beginning with # and blank lines are ignored. Each line defines to add a proxy NDP/ARP entry with the address of or behind address interface to all interfaces in the proxy interface list. EXAMPLES
Let's assume, your machine is connected via eth0 to a switch with the networks 2001:db8:abba::/64 and 192.168.100.1/24 and is using the IP address 1 itself. You'd like to use the addresses 11 and 12 e.g. for virtual machines behind the tap1 and tap2 interface, that is: 2001:db8:abba::1/64 -- local eth0 address 2001:db8:abba::11/64 -- address behind tap1 2001:db8:abba::12/64 -- address behind tap2 192.168.100.1/24 -- local eth0 address 192.168.100.11/24 -- address behind tap1 192.168.100.12/24 -- address behind tap2 then set up the following entries in the ifndp-proxy file: 2001:db8:abba::1 eth0 tap1 tap2 2001:db8:abba::11 tap1 eth0 tap2 2001:db8:abba::12 tap2 eth0 tap1 192.168.100.1 eth0 tap1 tap2 192.168.100.11 tap1 eth0 tap2 192.168.100.12 tap2 eth0 tap1 additionally to the routing entries in the routes or ifroute-<interface name> files. BUGS
Please report bugs at <https://bugzilla.novell.com/> AUTHOR
Marius Tomaschewski <mt@suse.de> SEE ALSO
ifup(8) ifcfg(5) ifsysctl(8) sysconfig December 2009 IFNDP-PROXY(5)