Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX URGENT --problem in unzipping Post 302090250 by hexiao on Sunday 24th of September 2006 07:23:03 AM
Old 09-24-2006
del some files that you don't want to have ,and then you have enough paces

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ulimit problem(Urgent)

Hi all, In Tru64 UNIX,there is a command ulimit which sets or reports a resource limit. -d option specifies number of Kilobytes for data area. But when i give same man ulimit in HP-UX, it does shows some ulimit function. I want to replace ulimit -d command in .profile file which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent problem with wtmpx

Hi everybody I have a problem with wtmpx. Accounting file. I activated it. It works but to well :( Writes the same message every minute. "faxmodem" As you can see it does not take to long until my /var file is soon full. Thanks Peter (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
26 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Another Urgent HDD problem

I have another Hdd problem with Ultra 1 machine the hdd is segate (+-)17560 MB and when I start installtion of sun solaries 2.6 the system sees the hdd correctly, and the installtion goes fine with partioning the disk as follows / 150 MB swap 500 MB /user 1000 MB /user1 100MB /usr3 5500 MB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Urgent printing problem

I can no longer print from HP-UX 10. All the printers are network printers. I have already stopped and restarted the spooler (lpshut and lpsched), but still the same problem. The printers react when I ping them. I have also tried with SAM, but the system cannot find the printers. Can somebody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filipd
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in unzipping---URGENT

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM

Hi I have users A and B in UNIX system both are not having root priveleges. User A has written a script file where it connects to database and uses a logfile directed to the path in directory of USER B. I copied the script into USER B directory and tried to run the script. Its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: script problem???

#!/usr/bin/sh read file #exec 3<&0 exec 0<$file while read line do if then BOUND=$line break fi count=`expr $count + 1` done #exec 0<&3 echo $BOUND sh check.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzipping problem

Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 9i software from oracle website. The file is in the following format. "lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" I need to unzip this file for installing oracle9i in my system. I tried with the following command to unzip the file "$gunzip lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 problem - need urgent help -2

I installed Solaris 10 x86 on a HP server, all OK showing on graphic screen. However it never automatically mount cdrom on boot and one our apps needs to auto-mount the app cdrom on boot to complete the installation. Please help. ALso I connected to this HP server's COM1 with a null-modem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gping
0 Replies
PMSPECLOCALPMDA(3)					     Library Functions Manual						PMSPECLOCALPMDA(3)

NAME
__pmSpecLocalPMDA - process command-line argument for the table of DSO PMDAs C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> #include <pcp/impl.h> char *__pmSpecLocalPMDA(const char *spec); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
PCP contexts of type PM_CONTEXT_LOCAL are used by clients that wish to fetch metrics directly from one or more PMDAs on the local host without involving pmcd(1). __pmSpecLocalPMDA provides a convenience wrapper to be used by applications that wish to use a command line argument (usually with -K) to control the DSO PMDAs that are available for a PM_CONTEXT_LOCAL context. The spec argument specifies actions for one or more DSO PMDAs using up to four fields separated by commas (``,''), namely: - an opcode with one of the values add (add a new entry), del (delete an existing entry) or clear (clear all entries from the table). - the PMDA's domain number - the path to the PMDA DSO (may be absolute or relative to the $PCP_VAR_DIR/pmdas directory and the DSO suffix is optional), and - the name of the PMDA's initialization routine. All fields are required to add a new entry. To delete an entry the opcode is required plus either or both of the domain number and path fields. To clear all entries, only the opcode is required. If spec is parsed successfully, then __pmLocalPMDA(3) is called with the extracted arguments. RETURN VALUE
On success, __pmSpecLocalPMDA will return NULL. On error or failure, __pmSpecLocalPMDA will return a pointer to a static error message. EXAMPLES
Some examples of valid spec strings: clear Delete all entries from the DSO table. add,123,foo/foo_pmda,foo_init Add the ``foo'' PMDA using domain 123. The PMDA's DSO is most likely in below the directory $PCP_PMDAS_DIR and named foo/foo_pmda.so (for ELF-style platforms) or foo/foo_pmda.dylib (for BSD-style platforms) or fooo_pmda.dll (for Windows-style plat- forms). The initialization routine for the ``foo'' PMDA is foo_init(). del,123 Delete the entry for the DSO with domain 123. del,,foo/foo_pmda Delete the entry with a pathname to the DSO that matches foo/foo_pmda. del,123,foo/foo_pmda Delete the entry for the DSO with either domain 123 and/or a pathname to the DSO that matches foo/foo_pmda. SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3), __pmLocalPMDA(3) and pmNewContext(3). Performance Co-Pilot PMSPECLOCALPMDA(3)