Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard Post 302090067 by thaduka on Friday 22nd of September 2006 09:34:27 AM
Old 09-22-2006
Using Putty ... .to copy whole contains to your clipboard then ... what you do is ...
1. Clear the screen ..
2. Clear the scrollback by right click on the top bar and select the option "clear scrollback".
3. From the same option you will find "change settings" --> select this option and againg select "window" option where specify the huge no. say 99999 in no. line for scrollback where it is 200 by default.

4. Now run the file by using the cat <filename>
5. Right click on the top bar and select the "copy all to clipboard"
6. paste it in the notepad.

you get file in the other way also.
1. You can select the "logging " -> and select the radio button "Log all session output" in Session logging.
2. In the log file name .. specify the log file location by clicking the browse button.
3. Now run the file by cat <filename>.
4. After the file contains end. you can see the the log file which you specified in the log file.

if any questions pls feel free to ask ...

thanks
Satish

Last edited by thaduka; 09-22-2006 at 10:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Windows to Unix

I have a file in windows that I need to copy to UNIX. How can I FTP binary to the UNIX server. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
2 Replies

3. Solaris

need to copy file from solaris to windows

Hi my OS is solaris 9 , we have requirement to copy 1 file from solaris box to windows machine , so which utility or commands any idea will be appreciated Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

need a good text editor for windows

I am looking to start to code some shell scripts, php, and probably some other web stuff. Free is preferred. I was looking at rocketedit but I would rather just use free open source if possible. On my Mac I love to use TextWrangler, so is there a Windows equivalent? For Vista/Win7 64bit ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xterm configuration : how to copy/paste in the CLIPBOARD

Hi, I can paste what is in the CLIPBOARD but I can't get xterm copy. and in fact I think I'm not able to select well with the cursor (I don't want to use the mouse)... here is my ~/.Xresources file : XTerm*highlightSelection: true XTerm*VT100.translations: #override \n\ None ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from vi Editor ( unix ) to windows

How to copy the complete content from a file in vi Editor to windows ( notepad ). I can use " select " and paste it to windows but this is restricted to current page. Not allowing me to scroll down or up when selecting the content.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Notepad++ hang when open file edited in other text editor

Hi, I would like to ask about the notepad++ text editor application, Although there are alternative and more great text editor in linux (gedit, geany, jedit) im still using the notepad++ sometimes cause for some of my own reason one of those is the minimalist text(what i mean is notepad++ has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I copy from windows clipboard into VI session?

trying to add my Google analytics code to every page on my site. I want to paste in into every file. I have it in Notepad++. If I open a file in VI, using Putty to connect is it easy to just paste into the VI session? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waynehazle
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard. xclip and xsel are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10. REF : xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/x/general/xwin12-Xclipboard/single/ clipboard of openSolaris is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: droopy4u
9 Replies
KEYNAV(1)						      General Commands Manual							 KEYNAV(1)

NAME
keynav - a keyboard-driven mouse cursor mover SYNOPSIS
keynav DESCRIPTION
Keynav makes your keyboard a fast mouse cursor mover. You can move the cursor to any point on the screen with a few key strokes. It also simulates mouse click. You can do everything mouse can do with a keyboard. HOW TO USE
Run keynav, and activate it by pressing Ctrl+; (semicolon). You should see a thin frame on the screen with a cross in it. Default configuration: * h : select the left half of the region * j : select the bottom half of the region * k : select the top half of the region * l : select the right half of the region * Shift+h : move the region left * Shift+j : move the region down * Shift+k : move the region up * Shift+l : move the region right * Semicolon: move the cursor to the center of the selected region * Spacebar : move the cursor and left-click * Escape : cancel the move CONFIGURATION
You can configure your own key setting. There is an example in /usr/share/doc/keynav/keynavrc. Copy it to $HOME/.keynavrc and edit it as you like. CONFFILE COMMANDS
* start : activate keynav * end : deactivate keynav * cut-left : select the left half of the region * cut-right : select the right half of the region * cut-up : select the top half of the region * cut-down : select the bottom half of the region * move-left : move the region left * move-right : move the region right * move-up : move the region up * move-down : move the region down * warp : move the cursor to the center of the selected region * click 1 : left-click * click 2 : middle-click * click 3 : right-click * doubleclick 1: left-click twice quickly * doubleclick 2: middle-click twice quickly * doubleclick 3: right-click twice quickly * drag <button> [keyseq]: toggle dragging mode for the given button Example: "drag 1 alt" to do a alt+click-drag * grid <rows>x<columns> : change the grid layout of the selection Example: "grid 2x3" to cut screen to 6 cells * cell-select <row>x<column>: select a specific cell in the grid * cell-select <cell> : select a specific cell in the grid AUTHOR
keynav was written by Jordan Sissel <jls@semicomplete.com>. This manual page was written by Wen-Yen Chuang <caleb@calno.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). KEYNAV(1)