Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat 9 Force full duplex
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat 9 Force full duplex Post 302089972 by bubba112557 on Thursday 21st of September 2006 06:04:03 PM
Old 09-21-2006
RedHat 9 Force full duplex

All,

I have a RedHat 9 box which I need to figure out how to get it to stay in full duplex mode after a reboot.

I have tried

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

I have tried to add a line to the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 like this:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

It does not work.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure Full Duplex and TCP/IP

We are using ZIX 4.3.3 and we need to configure the NIC for ful duplexing and we also need to configure it for a TCP/IP default gateway and DNS server to acccess the Interent. Can you please tell me the commands and procedures for configuring this? Thanks Marc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc3483
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full duplex at HUB?

Ok at the moment I have a hub whit 5 computers connected to it. It's a 10/100 NetGear hub. Ok I heard that there is some command I can run or a file I edit or something like that. But what the command/file/script/whatever does is tells you what connect speed it's connecting to the hub to. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Duplex Howto

Dear Members, I was reading a few posts and saw something about installing two Nics so one could use Full Duplex. I remember back in the day of dial up, you could have two modems and use one for upstream and one for downstream. This was called shotgunning. It seems that you can now do the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

4. Programming

full -duplex ?

what is meant by full duplex and half duplex? b'coz in differences b\w hub and switch ,i heard lot this duplex word so please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

100 gigabit full duplex

How can I tell on Solaris 9 sparc if my nics are running 100 gigabit full duplex... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to force a full duplex

I need to change some Ip addresses for my servers to reflect in the NIS map. I also need to force full duplex on the 10/100 cards & 1/2 duplex in the 10 cards. I can change the IP by doing ifconfig <NIC card > plumb up <newip>. Not quite sure on how to force the full / half duplex & how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

7. SuSE

configure full duplex

How do I configure full duplex on suse 8.2 I tried ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off the above works but when I reboot the machine the configure was lost. How do I configure full duplex so that when the machine get rebooted the configuration will stay. My interface... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set full duplex for solaris 5.5

I would like to change half duplex to full duplex on solaris 5.5. I tried with below commands but they didnt work on solaris 5.5. #ndd -set /dev/le adv_100fdx_cap 1 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

100Mb/s full duplex link

Hi, I have been trying to connect two computers directly through their LAN cards. One is a 3com 3c905c 10/100 Mbit/s card and the other is an Intel i217-lm 10/100/1000Mbit/s card. I have connected them through a CAT 6 cable. Whenever autoneg is turned on, the PCs connect in the 10Mb/s mode, and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies
amd8111s(7D)							      Devices							      amd8111s(7D)

NAME
amd8111s - AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/amd8111s DESCRIPTION
The amd8111s Fast Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), on the AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter. The amd8111s driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/amd8111 is used to access all AMD-8111 Fast Ethernet devices installed within the system. The amd8111s driver is managed by the dladm(1M) command line utility, which allows VLANs to be defined on top of amd8111s instances and for amd8111s instances to be aggregated. See dladm(1M) for more details. CONFIGURATION
By default, the amd8111s driver performs auto-negotiation to select the link speed and mode. Link speed and mode can be any of the follow- ing: 100 Mbps, full-duplex. 100 Mbps, half-duplex. 10 Mbps, full-duplex. 10 Mbps, half-duplex. FILES
/dev/amd8111s* Special character device. /kernel/drv/amd8111s* 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/amd8111s* 64-bit ELF Kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNW8111s | |Architecture x86 | |Interface Stability Committed | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2007 amd8111s(7D)